Hello, need a DAP recommendation
May 26, 2020 at 9:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Risingson2

New Head-Fier
Hi, new member here. Not a bot, just some Spanish guy living in London.

So my history with portable music is: walked with walkmans in the late 80s and most of the 90s, walked with Discmans and then mp3 discmans afterwards, moved to ipods, bought too many ipod classics than Apple never deserved, moved to a Fiio X1 4 years ago that lasted for around 2 years and a half until it died - I was happy with the device - and bought a Fiio M7 that I was so happy with until the battery started misbehaving and died on a sudden.

My "music listener profile" is a bit like that, adaptative, entry level, not an audiophile. I loved the M7 but after seeing how all the Fiio products are not very durable I think I am going to move over to another brand. My budget is "if it not too expensive, the better" but I think I could go even to the 200 or 300 pounds if it was totally worth it. The headphones I use on the street are either some Sound Blaster Jam - good enough - or Flex - discontinued, but also good enough - after each of the AKGs K50 and K451 that I owned were stolen in different parts of London (I am really unlucky with those). I use a Fidelio L2 but only for home listening. So: I still use wired headphones, I listen to electronica mostly, I also like Bluetooth because of the convenience, I am not sure I can justify myself getting an expensive device given that there is a strong possibility that it will break after a few years and I prefer to invest that money in, I don't know, dentists, or my many other hobbies.

- Is there any DAP similar to M7 but which is not Fiio? I am sure I am not going to know when sound quality is better or not until 6 months after when I think "why, that instrument is not sounding correct here", but at the time I was very happy with the M7.
- And... any experiences with one that is durable? The other problem with the M7 is that it was like a toast: it fell off on the side of the glass as that side was heavier, and the protection did nothing to prevent it.

EDIT: forgot to say thanks. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back