hello! music player help
Dec 16, 2014 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

eralebus

New Head-Fier
Hello new to the forums and this seemed like a good place to ask.
I'm in need a high capacity music player (could care less about anything else as long as it plays most music file types) I just filled up my 120GB ipod classic, I don't want to pay $500+ for a 160GB model for that amount of money I was hoping there would be better (high capacity) options. However google seems to be dead set on only showing me apple results -_-

The closest thing I've found is this http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=887219&gclid=Cj0KEQiAzb-kBRDe49qh9s75m-wBEiQATOxgwdqxUIiVOq77ZM2EyjiJbykQEzJuubGF0feIqSLgWPcaAtv-8P8HAQ&Q=&is=REG&A=details the downside is, the webpage doesn't mention anything about it playing music and its an HDD versus the SSD that is generally longer lasting. Upside, you can actually replace the HDD with any 2.5" 9.5mm thickness SATA drive.

Does anyone knows about this product and its ability to play music or if there are any other high capacity (non apple, and 160GB or preferably more) products out there? Oh and I use MediaMonkey has my pc music player and music transfer (have never had an issue with it transferring my music/playlists/etc... to my ipod) so it would be great if the device you recommend is compatible with it.

Thanks alot :)

p.s. I don't want to have to deal with sd cards, i want the device to be all encompassing.

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #3 of 3
I'm always baffled why someone would need to carry around every possible song they own with them everywhere they go. If you were to listen to music for 24 hours a day, with an average song length of 3 minutes, that's only 480 songs per day. Using 320Kbps mp3s, let's assume ~15MB/song. That's 7.2GB for 24 hours of music, or ~50GB for 1 week of non-stop music.

But, I'm just messing with you... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back