Hello i would like some help in looking for a replacment to my dt990
Sep 14, 2015 at 9:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dragoon48

New Head-Fier
Hi as i said in the title i need to replace or repair (if i can find the parts) my dt990 pro.

So first of all while i was happy with the dt 990 and would like to get another set Beyerdynamic headphones i wanted to consider what the 770 or 880 might sound like i have been able to find lots on how they do with music but i haven't been able to find any threads on how well they handle gaming?

I also wanted to know how hot they get after several hours of usage?

Finally i wanted to know if want of you can find replacement headband clips (the small plastic clips that have two screws holding them together and attach the headband to the drivers) one of mine has broken and the other is starting to crack i cannot find them anywhere on Beyer's site they only sell the cable and earpads.

Thank you for the help

Sep 14, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #2 of 3
I own the DT990 Pro's and I don't believe Beyer has the parts you are referencing but you can always give them a ring or drop them an email.  As far as a replacement I would say the Phillips X2 is the best thing under $500 right now.  I used to own the DT880's and only sold them because I bought the T1 as they are similar enough to not need both.  I have always preferred the 990 to the 880 in gaming but I prefer the X2 to them both.  It's typically the one I use for gaming, movies and general purpose listening.  The big boys come out when doing seriously music listening... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back