Hello, I need help on how to use Sennheiser Bluetooh M2AEBT well, I'm a total noob, thanks!
Nov 7, 2015 at 1:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

guywithphones

New Head-Fier
Sennheiser Bluetooth M2AEBT = the Momentum 2.0 Bluetooth headphones http://en-us.sennheiser.com/momentum-wireless-headphones-with-mic

I have a mild case of tinnitus that I'm trying to diminish as well as I can, and I think (never been professionally evaluated) I have some very mild hearing deficits brought on by too many years of loud dance music at home and in dance clubs. If I turn my headphones up to maximum volume, I can barely hear 18 hertz (but I can damn sure feel it LOL) and I can very barely hear 17,000 hertz. With masking effects, I have trouble hearing above 14,000 hertz. The tinnitus (very high pitched hissing probably around 14 Khz) is the main issue for me. I am 57 years old and in good health with nothing (that I am aware of) that would cause my hearing deficits other than past abuse. Sigh, if I had really been aware back then, I would have taken much better care of my ears. Life goes on.

Therefore, because of my very mild hearing deficits and my lack of professional musical training/audio training, I am truly a "noob" amongst all of you. Of course, I want to derive maximum joy from my new purchase.

So far the M2AEBT has good bass on bluetooth. I have no amplifiers or DACs. It is hooked up to my onboard computer sound card via a Bluetooth 4.0 dongle. As far as I can tell, the dance music (EDM) I listen to is not muddy or overwhelming.

Midrange seems good. I don't know how to describe things so far using excellent adjectives, so please be patient with me.

Upper frequencies seem good, not too bright, but then again, I'm trying very hard to keep my headphones volume down to preserve my hearing.

Question: is loudness equalization via my computer sound card a waste of time ? Right now I have it on, and the effects are mild. I know I can buy a new sound card and/or DAC or amplifier, but I don't want to waste my money with my hearing deficits. I'm obviously (so far) not a highly sophisticated listener. I never listen to orchestral/symphonic music, and EDM music is very electronic-based (obviously), so hearing vocals properly and the tones are the main thing to me.

This is my computer motherboard:   http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514

The Audio Chipset is a Realtek ALC889. It is 8 channels.  http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/productsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=28&Level=5&Conn=4&ProdID=173

At any rate, thank you very much for reading all this, and I'm VERY open to help! Have a good day!

Steve

Nov 14, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #3 of 4
 Members,

I picked up the M2 AEBT black version which just happened to be 20150213REV02 last week in Bangkok and all I can say is WOW.  I really am happy with my purchase.  I've owned both the MM-550 and the MM-550X and these cans are far superior in both audio clarity and active noise canceling.

If you are on the fence I would suggest you give them a try.

Kurt

Nov 14, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #4 of 4
Oops.. wrong thread.

I too have tinnitus and with it comes good and bad days.. 

I've tried using equalizers on mine and found that I prefer unequalized audio on every device I've tried the headphones with.. I'd like to add.. you might want to confirm whether your bluetooth transmitter supports APT-X because IMHO there is a noticeable difference in the audio.

Kurt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back