hello head-fi
Mar 9, 2012 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MrHee

New Head-Fier
hey everyone.  i'm a first time poster long time crawler.  i figured id do an introductory post just for fun :)  

so  I invite you all to come along with me on my audio journey.  inspired by the many awesome grado mods ive seen on the forums, ive decided to do a little diy of my own.  I'm currently experimenting with turning my own fwjs for my grado 60i.  The variables i will mainly be working with are types of wood and cup geometry.  If anyone is interested in hearing some of my opinions, look for my cup tuning thread comming soon to the diy section.

I have to give a shoutout to the original cup tuner thelostMIDrange.  props to you m8 for getting the ball rolling.

Mar 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 5
Would love to see some pix of your turnings...if you get good at it you may have a little cottage industry here. Welcome!

Mar 12, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #3 of 5
thanks for the interest!  my turnings are getting better every day.  I'm definitely going to put up pics of the cups on the thread.  I'm still waiting for one more type of wood to arrive before i start it up.  i'm definitely hoping to spread some fwj love and get some help as i go along through this process.  nice wood isn't cheap >.<

Mar 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #4 of 5
Im curious about your grado mods, i own the SR60's but i haven't take the risk to mod them. 

Welcome to head-fi btw. 

Mar 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #5 of 5
i'm not really doing much to them.  liberated drivers in full wood jacket and recable.  i might mess with some driver mods but that probably wont happen until i'm done experimenting with the different cup shapes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back