Hello Head-Fi, pleased to meet you
Jun 14, 2013 at 9:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

imagic

Head-Fier
Hello all,

My name is Mark Henninger, aka "imagic," and I'm excited to have this be my first post. I look forward to contributing to the community. I've been a fan of headphone listening since the mid-1980s—I used to wire up my walkman with D-cell batteries and listen through a pair of Grados, in high school—as one example.

Anyhow, I wanted to say hi because head-fi has been a  really helpful resource during numerous searches for the right headphones.

I have a hobby, producing "head music," as "Dub King" on soundcloud.com. Don't worry, I'm not selling anything, most of my tracks are free to download and I have 6000 followers. It might be worth a listen if you like Dub, electronica, IDM, etc. and especially music that can challenge a good transducer of any type.

Anyhow, hello all!

Jun 14, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #3 of 7
Jun 14, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Haha yeah, and you need to start a slush account away from the eyes of your significant other!

Hehe,

I'm a lucky guy, my wife is really accepting of A/V everything. I have a bit of a hobby going, writing for AVS forum—where I also go by "imagic." My home stereo is a clear indicator of my priorities, I'll try and get a pic posted.

Money will be spent. Back in 1989 when I was a teenager, I went to Europe with a few of my closest friends. We all had spending money, in the form of AMEX travelers checks. Not a lot of money, just what we needed for travel and youth hostels. About a thousand dollars each. In Paris, I saw a pair of Sony earbuds that cost something like $500. I bought them on the spot, and ate cheap food for the whole trip. Not much has changed in 24 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back