Hello from Pennsylvania, +Dan Clark Audio
Aug 30, 2020 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Brubacca

500+ Head-Fier
It says introductions plus recommendations thread. First I'll say hello. I've been coming here for years but primarily in the Schiit main thread. I have been primarily a speaker listening guy and had not much use for headphone discussions. Over that time I have acquired a Schiit Gungnir DAC. Personal things (we got a pet rabbit who now inhabits our main listening room) is pushing me towards a main headphone system.

Recently I purchased an Asgard 2 Head Amp and quote honestly I have never enjoyed my AKG K550 headphones more.

Multiple people have told me that Dan Clark Audio Aeon headphones would be a great match. In fact reading descriptions of the sound make me concur.

So I am very close to buying a pair of Aeon Flow RT Closed Back headphones as I find the $500 price tag palatable.

Are there any other closed back planar magnetic headphones that I should be looking at? Is the Aeon 2 worth almost double the price? Really want to spend less than or at $500. I also really like the idea of supporting a small American business since I do live in America. And being 2020 its not been friendly to many small businesses. Its not a slight on others, just a choice.

My audition playlist has Shelby Lynn, Diana Krall, Norah Jones, Keb Mo, Van Morrison, Dave Matthews Band, Sting, Elton John, Paul Simon, John Mayer, Pearl Jam, Mettalica, Ray Montford, Daft Punk, The Who, Jack Johnson and Louis Armstrong & Ella (its 4 hours long). Metallica and Pearl Jam get played the least because life is hard and I generally need calming music. I also love the album Gypsy Soul: The New Flamenco.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back