Hello from new member-advice for DAC/ Astell and Kern
Mar 16, 2018 at 10:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

sugarfree1122

New Head-Fier
Nice to become member of community and big greetings from Croatia.

I have been reading forums last seven days, my eyes almos fell out and Im still not clear about something.

I am using Samsung galaxy s8 for any kind of music/youtube/movie files for reproduction..MAINLY YOUTUBE. As all of us know Samsung S8 is so terribly and patethically bad source due to limited volume output, the worst phone I ever had- volume is so low through 3.5mm that I lost will to use it. Btw- I am guitar handbanger got used to tube amplifiers.

Also it is known that its not easy to find dac/amp which will work through s8 usb output.

My primary goal is to achieve cleaner sound with more volume than s8 to use it in a CAR system through aux in. Amp is pretty decent Alpine 5 channel PDR V75.
Im pretty sure that aux in is bypassing HU dac (also pathetic dac)... and after days of search of Fiio's and similar devices i stubmbled on Astell and Kern XB10.
Blutooth new generation, dac/amp with good reviews and nice adittion of built in microphone for phone calls.

Question is- is it going to be LOUDER AND CLEARER trough aux in in the car? Im asking coz im bit lost with tracing data about power outputs and output voltages of portable dac/amp's..
Also I saw Arcam miniblink.
At the moment I am working in the ship and I cant see youtube reviews, but Im planning tu purchase device to wait me home whn I arrive.
Budget is not restricted but I believe 200$ would be decent for this purpose.

Please guys, I could use advice.
Astell and Kern Xb10 or something else to reproduce youtube mainly, but also mp3, mp4...with better clarity and volume.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back