Hello from Australia
Nov 9, 2011 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Linkin

New Head-Fier
Hey! Signed up to head-fi to learn more about audio in general. I'm mainly a computer guy, gamer, etc. Sound quality was always a big thing for me, especially for games. I ended up equipping myself with an X-Fi Titanium sound card and a pair for ATH-AD700's. More recently, as an 18th birthday present, my dad gave me a vintage receiver. Sansui R-50, circa 1979. All working apart from a few minor issues that I plan on fixing (hiss/noise when adjusting volume/treble knobs, speaker channel A plugs not working (speaker channel b still works fine, and lastly, some hiss on the right channel of my headphones (AUX input) when nothing is playing) and a little surface rust on the exterior but otherwise completely working.

As for music, I'm a Rock/Hard Rock/Heavy Metal guy. Nothing else really interests me.

And if I somehow missed an introduction thread, woops
redface.gif

But for now, I'm laughing
o2smile.gif

Nov 9, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #3 of 6
Welcome!

I think I also started out with the AD700's, and for gaming too! It used to be the tip top recommendation for a headphone on computer hardware forums.

Have fun, sorry about your wallet, and watch out for Stax.

Nov 9, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
Welcome to Head-Fi ! Many Head-Fi'er here is also into computer hardware, myself included. Hope you have a great time here 
beerchug.gif

Nice PC rig btw 

Thanks.

Quote:
Welcome!

I think I also started out with the AD700's, and for gaming too! It used to be the tip top recommendation for a headphone on computer hardware forums.

Have fun, sorry about your wallet, and watch out for Stax.

My dad let slip that he's got something special planned for Christmas presents. Grado headphones for my and my brother. Which ones is a mystery,

I'm hoping that you guys can help me with a few small issues with this receiver I have. If you haven't seen my other post, then I have a Sansui R-50 that gets hiss when you adjust the treble and volume knobs, and background hiss on the right channel with headphones. Using the aux input. Also getting noise when nothing is playing and I move the mouse or scroll in a webpage. I usually just turn the thing off and leave the cans on my head, haha.

So yeah, what's the best way to fix those issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back