1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hello from a new member and my question looking for some help

1. RustyPitchfork
    Hey, long time lurker, first time poster. 

I am looking for some suggestions to power my DT770 250ohm cans. 

Current listening is mostly done at Macbook Pro at work, PC Desktop at home and on my iPhone 6. I am hoping *knock on wood* to find a good catch-all solution for all three. I don't commute on public transport, so ultra portable isn't required. I would like to stick around $200. 

I've tried my buddys Fulla Schiit, and thought it was good, but was hoping for something to be able to drive the cans a little more. 

I have a number of old school receivers/amps including a Kenwood KA-6100,  Kenwood KA-5700, a Harman Kardon 330B, and a Rotel RA-840BX4 that I could use. 

Let me know if anyone has any experience in a similar situation. 

2. PurpleAngel Contributor

I'm thinking you might do better to just replace the DT770 Pro 250-Ohm headphones.
    Do you care if the headphones are open or closed?

Here are some used Audio Technica ATH-W1000X headphones (price for new in the USA is over $600).
    Price is $275 or best offer.
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/763669/audio-technica-w1000x

So if you sell off the DT770s, plus your audio budget, should cover the price of the ATH-W1000X.
    You can plug the W1000Xs straight into your iPhone, Macbook and Win PC.

3. KG Jag
    The 250 Ohm Beyer will not be properly driven from a computer (absent a sound card with a built in amp of reasonable power) or an unamped iPhone.