Hello from a new member and my question looking for some help
Apr 23, 2015 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

RustyPitchfork

New Head-Fier
Hey, long time lurker, first time poster. 

I am looking for some suggestions to power my DT770 250ohm cans. 

Current listening is mostly done at Macbook Pro at work, PC Desktop at home and on my iPhone 6. I am hoping *knock on wood* to find a good catch-all solution for all three. I don't commute on public transport, so ultra portable isn't required. I would like to stick around $200. 

I've tried my buddys Fulla Schiit, and thought it was good, but was hoping for something to be able to drive the cans a little more. 

I have a number of old school receivers/amps including a Kenwood KA-6100,  Kenwood KA-5700, a Harman Kardon 330B, and a Rotel RA-840BX4 that I could use. 

Let me know if anyone has any experience in a similar situation. 

Apr 23, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 3
  Hey, long time lurker, first time poster. 
I am looking for some suggestions to power my DT770 250ohm cans. 
Current listening is mostly done at Macbook Pro at work, PC Desktop at home and on my iPhone 6. I am hoping *knock on wood* to find a good catch-all solution for all three. I don't commute on public transport, so ultra portable isn't required. I would like to stick around $200. 
I've tried my buddys Fulla Schiit, and thought it was good, but was hoping for something to be able to drive the cans a little more. 
I have a number of old school receivers/amps including a Kenwood KA-6100,  Kenwood KA-5700, a Harman Kardon 330B, and a Rotel RA-840BX4 that I could use. 
Let me know if anyone has any experience in a similar situation. 

I'm thinking you might do better to just replace the DT770 Pro 250-Ohm headphones.
Do you care if the headphones are open or closed?

Here are some used Audio Technica ATH-W1000X headphones (price for new in the USA is over $600).
Price is $275 or best offer.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/763669/audio-technica-w1000x

So if you sell off the DT770s, plus your audio budget, should cover the price of the ATH-W1000X.
You can plug the W1000Xs straight into your iPhone, Macbook and Win PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back