Hello everyone!
Jun 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Besdomny

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I registered a few month ago when I entered the world of HiFi by buying the HRT Headstreamer in a promotional sale in France for 109€. I read about the Headstreamer here on this forum. I am a student (in my early 30ies) so I don’t have a lot of money and that’s why expensive (stand-alone) hardware was not an option. My notebook is my hi-fi system and my home cinema in one (Blu-ray Player). Anyways, when I received the Headstreamer and listened to music, I was overwhelmed by the clarity of the sound. It was a completely new experience for me although I was using only cheap headphones (Sennheiser HD 201, about 20€). I was listening to a lot of music and I discovered so many new aspects in music that I had listened to a million times before.

I noticed the differences in quality between the sources, like mp3, flac and so on. (Un-)fortunately I had some difficulties with my Sennheiser HD 201 lately. I think the cable broke because I had to turn and squeeze it in order to get stereo sound. It wasn’t an urgent problem because I’d always get them to work properly within a few seconds of twiddling with it but of course it’s not comfortable.

Therefore, I was looking for a new pair of headphones. I was willing to spend around 100€. By accident I found the Sennheiser HD 598 for 126€ at Amazon in Italy. I read many reviews and I liked the design and the fact that you can change the cable very easily in case it breaks. I must have been lucky because the day after I ordered the HD 598, the price went up by 61€! I don’t know if the pricing was a mistake but I was very happy when I received my brand new pair of headphones a few days later. I got goose bumps listening to my music and the headphones are so comfortable that I forgot I’m wearing them.

My equipment in short:
Notebook Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pa2548, Win7 64 Bit
HRT Headstreamer
Foobar 2000 v1.2.2, WASAPI event, Buffer Length 6990ms, 24 Bit
Sennheiser HD 598

Conclusion:
For me, it has been a quantum leap regarding the listening experience. Now, I feel like it is an experience. I am really happy having spent the money. For less than 250€ I can listen to music on a whole new level.

PS: I read a little about buffer length and I am not quite sure what to make of it. At the moment I am having no problems with cracking sounds or stuff like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back