Hello Everyone, Waiting for my e5c's today !!
Jun 23, 2005 at 8:21 PM Post #16 of 22
where did you order you E5c's from ... as I want to pick up a pair for work in the office, sometimes you just need to get away ... and they look cool as snuff I am really excited about getting those and the sa5k's. cannot wait.

Congrats
SHADY

Jun 23, 2005 at 10:08 PM Post #17 of 22
Congrats on the E5C. I've always wanted a pair, but I can't convince my mom to spend that much money on a little pair of IEMs.

Jun 23, 2005 at 10:14 PM Post #18 of 22
CONGRATULATIONS! I'm sure you'll love them! Take good care of those EXPENSIVE babies...
etysmile.gif

Jun 23, 2005 at 10:40 PM Post #19 of 22
I am indeed loving them, but I am finding it hard to get a good fit. They shipped with the clear sleeves, I believe the medium size ones, I will have to move down a notch to the smaller size, although I do plan on getting custom molds sometime in the future. I paid $354.95 for them at compuplus. I hope thats a good price as I seen them selling for $499.

Jul 22, 2005 at 1:39 AM Post #20 of 22
I recently bought e5c's, mostly due to the postings here on head-fi. (My wallet's furious with all of you, but the rest of me is quite grateful...) I bought a sik din, and I prefer listening thru the line-out with the Shure attenuator. For one, there is no more buzz when nothing is playing. Also, even to my naive ears, the bass sounds better.

Do I need an amp? This is another ~$200 investment. Enough already! How much do you really get out of an amp, versus just listening thru the line-out? Which amps do you favor?

Also, I've just finished encoding my whole collection as AAC files at 128 kbps. Are you going to tell me I need to do it all over again, to get REALLY good sound? What bit rate do you all favor? Or is 128 sufficient?

Jul 22, 2005 at 1:44 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
I am indeed loving them, but I am finding it hard to get a good fit. They shipped with the clear sleeves, I believe the medium size ones, I will have to move down a notch to the smaller size, although I do plan on getting custom molds sometime in the future. I paid $354.95 for them at compuplus. I hope thats a good price as I seen them selling for $499.

So you should encode all your songs into AAC at 320 for the best listening experience. Lossy with a e5 doesn't sound any different.

Jul 22, 2005 at 3:01 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ab_ba

Also, I've just finished encoding my whole collection as AAC files at 128 kbps. Are you going to tell me I need to do it all over again, to get REALLY good sound? What bit rate do you all favor? Or is 128 sufficient?

i have pretty ghetto ears when it comes to quality, but i can still tell the difference between 128 and anything else... even 192 aac. for me, 320 is pretty much indistinguishable from lossless. but 192 for portables to me is a good tradeoff. i personally find my 128 ripped tracks fairly unlistenable. now i tend to rip everything at lossless, then re-rip at 192 when i want to transfer it to my portable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back