Hello everyone...new user here ! ! !
Feb 25, 2017 at 8:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SaturnVuk

New Head-Fier
Good afternoon everyone.....guess what ! My brand new Samson sr850s arrived this morning !
(and yes I'm on a budget before you laugh!)
Anyway, ive been testing them over the last two hours against my akg k82s, I have lots of thoughts going through my head, and I really want to post a full review about my new Samsons however I just feel like it is far far to early, for a few reasons. I keep swapping between the two headphones
od afternoon everyone.....guess what ! My brand new Samson sr850s arrived this morning !
(and yes I'm on a budget before you laugh!)
Anyway, ive been testing them over the last two hours against my akg k82s, I have lots of thoughts going through my head, and I really want to post a full review about my new Samsons however I just feel like it is far far to early, for a few reasons. I keep swapping between the two headphones and measuring as accurately as I can the sound using my 9 band equalizer with a wide range of sounds, the only thing I would like to say at this stage, is they are definitely worth my time testing and they WILL NOT be on there way back to amazon lol !
More than that like I said I don't really want to say.
Anyway, obviously as you can probably tell I'm really exited about my new purchase, and I am only just STARTING! to find my way round head-fi, which as a VERY passionate lover of high quality sound, on a semi budget over the many years, I am also very exited to share and learn as much as I can with my new found favourite site (I am amazed that it has taken me this long to discover you!)
Anyway, sorry for going on and on...... I'm trying to add my new Samsons to my "list" in my profile, I managed to put my akg k92s in no problem and I posted my long winded review for them with no problem, it looked as though I was the VERY first person to post a review on here for them which I though was REALLY cool !!!
Anyway...(sorry!!!) When I try and add to my list the Samsons I can find them no problem, then I clicj and the little werrly gig in the middle just goes round and round and dose not add them......
Anyway....any help with this or anyone's comments on my akg k92s or my new samason sr850s I would be really interested to see
All the best to everyone......
SaturnVuk

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #2 of 5
Welcome, SaturnVuk! How do you like your K92s? I've been wanting to hear a pair, but it just hasn't happened yet. I'm curious how they compare to the K553 Pro. Have you done that? I bet they're good. Not sure what is going on with your profile.You can't add the Samson? That's weird. If it continues to be a problem, you can post a new thread here with the question and one of the administrators like Joe will help you out. Again, welcome.

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #3 of 5
Hi, thanks for your freindly reply, in answer to your question I LOVE my akg k92s everything about them ! ! ! I posted a long and boring review on here if your interested. They are a pleasure to look at and just pick up, every single day ! ! !
Man there so light, but so strong, everything about them screams engineering excellence and quality ! ! ! To compare to other headphones, unfortunately recently, going through on thing and another I lost all my good headphones so I was relying on (don't laugh!!!) some first generation Sony MDR-XB450​ for quite a long time....I have nothing bad to say about the sonys they were great sounding for a bass leaning headphone....great sound unequalised, but I like hearing both "flat" and equalised sound, I'm still on an extreme budget so after months of research I went for the akg k92 I got them for about £35 from amazon. The k533 come in between £100 to £ 150 over here some food reviews, but I have to say the gold bars on the k92 are soooo cool!!!

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #4 of 5
  Hi, thanks for your freindly reply, in answer to your question I LOVE my akg k92s everything about them ! ! ! I posted a long and boring review on here if your interested. They are a pleasure to look at and just pick up, every single day ! ! !
Man there so light, but so strong, everything about them screams engineering excellence and quality ! ! ! To compare to other headphones, unfortunately recently, going through on thing and another I lost all my good headphones so I was relying on (don't laugh!!!) some first generation Sony MDR-XB450​ for quite a long time....I have nothing bad to say about the sonys they were great sounding for a bass leaning headphone....great sound unequalised, but I like hearing both "flat" and equalised sound, I'm still on an extreme budget so after months of research I went for the akg k92 I got them for about £35 from amazon. The k533 come in between £100 to £ 150 over here some food reviews, but I have to say the gold bars on the k92 are soooo cool!!!

Yeah, they're cool looking, no doubt. Glad you're having fun with them. That's kind of expensive for a K553 Pro, though. More like $150 here. I'll check out your review. Looking forward to it. See you around the boards. Take care, SaturnVuk.

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 5
Just remember the k92s are a very very natural sound!!! if you like a high bass, they will do that with no problem but needs equalisation I use 2 nine bands one on my pc and then through a kenwood equaliser so you can imagine the bass output then, they have taken everything in that department I have thrown at them and asked for more ! They seem to deify all logic because of just how light, but strong they are at the same time!
I was VERY impressed with this, its quite literally head and body shaking if you want them to be and you have the equalisation to drive it....all the best !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back