Hello everyone!! + Need some help buying headphones.
Sep 11, 2013 at 5:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

audionut117

New Head-Fier
Hello to all, I am new here and I need help in buying some headphones. 

I am looking for a full sized, closed back and over ear headphone for use on the go (e.g. train) and of course at home. My source is my smartphone (nokia lumia 820) and computer.
I am currently looking at the AKG K550 and Audio Technica ATH A900x. I have around 300AUD to spend and I mainly listen to rock and metal with the occasional classical music.
Any help would be appreciated.

Sep 11, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #2 of 6
For portable use, I'd say look into PSB M4U1 instead of AKG K550. The AKG K550 are way too big for portable usage although I know some who does that..

If you have extra cash, it's always nice to spend some money on an amp for the PSB M4U1

Billson :)

Sep 11, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #3 of 6
Hi thanks for the reply, Can you tell me what the size of the ear-cups are in comparison to lets say the Sennheiser hd280 pro, because out of all the headphones I've tried in-store, the hd280 pros feel the best.

Sep 11, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #4 of 6
Hi thanks for the reply, Can you tell me what the size of the ear-cups are in comparison to lets say the Sennheiser hd280 pro, because out of all the headphones I've tried in-store, the hd280 pros feel the best.

It's actually not the earcups size, but the softness of the earcups! Some earcups even over the ear, the pads are stiff, it will feel extremely uncomfortable

Billson :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back