Hello everyone, Help for a classical headphone
Mar 15, 2018 at 11:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tongt15

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I am here looking for a classical headphone and amps, I bought T+A DAC8 DSD last week and HQplayers. I like Sr009 but it seems not suitable for symphony. So anyone who can recommend me some headphone and amp pack? My budget is 4500k usd. Thank you all!!

Mar 15, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #3 of 5
It really depends on how you like classical and your preferred recordings. Some people like bright headphones for classical, others
prefer a softer sound. Some people want the biggest soundstage possible, others don't care. You know...

Mar 15, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 5
I've always enjoyed the Sennheiser HD800/S for classical. Very large soundstage to clearly place each instrument so things don't get mushed up. Timbre is a little off due to the elevated treble, but supposedly this is helped a bit with the S model. That's really the only complaint I have with this genre/headphone.

You mentioned the SR-009. I'm not sure why you said they aren't suitable for symphony. They are incredibly quick and resolving. I like these a lot for symphony and classical but I usually reach for the HD800 for that huge soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back