Hello Beyerdynamic, are you there??
May 21, 2024 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

Nkam

100+ Head-Fier
Is Beyerdynamic going to come out with a new headphone?

Who is the CEO or the board on that company? Some fossils without a pulse on the market?

I think they have enough feedback to come out with a new 1990 pro without the peak. Or a new flagship pro headphone.

I love the 1990 like many others, but that peak gets old without EQ. And it would be cool to see a new headphone in its place for some market excitement.

Odd company.

Do they make anything else except headphones?

May 21, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #2 of 41
May 21, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #5 of 41
They just came out with the DT770 Pro X last month. I got a couple of pairs and did a review of them. The DT700/900 are pretty recent, the DT900 Pro is the one worth getting though.

Yeah but that isn’t really an upgrade from the flagship 1990 studio reference. And probably the most controversial headphone they make. Where people have a love hate relationship with because of that peak, but the rest is awesome
If that makes sense

May 21, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #6 of 41
I have the DT1990 and they need simple equalization. I sent a pair to Amir on Audiosciencereview and he should be getting to them soon. Check his EQ settings when he reviews it since he usually nails the tuning pretty good with corrections better than the Autoeq profiles (they usually dial in too much bass). When I get them back I might keep them as daily drivers since that pair will be the one used for his measurements.

May 21, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #7 of 41
I have the DT1990 and they need simple equalization. I sent a pair to Amir on Audiosciencereview and he should be getting to them soon. Check his EQ settings when he reviews it since he usually nails the tuning pretty good with corrections better than the Autoeq profiles (they usually dial in too much bass). When I get them back I might keep them as daily drivers since that pair will be the one used for his measurements.

I have the DT1990 as well and use a bit of a spin on oratory’s EQ and they sound great. I actually have about 3 eqs I use for those headphones Great punchy phones, good meat on the bone.

I was just wondering since Beyer has had those out for so long why don’t they offer a newer version.

Cheers

May 21, 2024 at 10:38 PM Post #10 of 41
No I don't think they're finished stabbing people's ears yet.

EDIT: Wooooo post #1,000!

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 10:40 PM Post #11 of 41
No but there are Burger 🍔 headphones and a mouthwatering thread about those which I would advocate for you to bite into.
FTFY....[Reg. TM; © bcowen: 2021.]

May 25, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #12 of 41
Some are treble junkies, I suppose Beyer found their niche ... :)

edit. listening to the DT990 Pro 250 Ohm right now, with the right amp it is still bright but the treble even if high in level is silky smooth. No harshness at all. Biggest treat is the attack and impact from transient instruments, not many cans can match Beyer in that regard, very powerful sound it is if as made for progressive rock. Running it from my SMSL SH-6 which seems to be a great match, treble is actually a bit harsh on my lesser headphone amps. That's where DT900 Pro X comes in, as it can run from a potato, sadly really not as lively as the older DT990 Pro. DT1990 Pro is a step up over both cans of course, in refinement, but not necessarily more fun. I have real fun when listening to 990 Pro, but only from the SMSL SH-6 in my stable, they do seem to need a great amp. FYI so can none of my audio interfaces run DT990 loud enough from their built in amps. And Tubes are said to be even better, possibly the best match, I have to invest in one tube amp some day.

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #13 of 41
I would really be interested in a new flagship headphone from Beyerdynamic. A new version of the T1 would be great.

May 25, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #14 of 41
Some are treble junkies, I suppose Beyer found their niche ... :)

edit. listening to the DT990 Pro 250 Ohm right now, with the right amp it is still bright but the treble even if high in level is silky smooth. No harshness at all. Biggest treat is the attack and impact from transient instruments, not many cans can match Beyer in that regard, very powerful sound it is if as made for progressive rock. Running it from my SMSL SH-6 which seems to be a great match, treble is actually a bit harsh on my lesser headphone amps. That's where DT900 Pro X comes in, as it can run from a potato, sadly really not as lively as the older DT990 Pro. DT1990 Pro is a step up over both cans of course, in refinement, but not necessarily more fun. I have real fun when listening to 990 Pro, but only from the SMSL SH-6 in my stable, they do seem to need a great amp. FYI so can none of my audio interfaces run DT990 loud enough from their built in amps. And Tubes are said to be even better, possibly the best match, I have to invest in one some day.

Ha yeah, They do need eq and sound incredible after.

How do you find the Neumann NDH-30 compare with that powerful sound you described of the beyers so accurately?
Are the Neumann sound signature powerful, or more like the Senheiser HD600?

Thanks man

May 25, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #15 of 41
Ha yeah, They do need eq and sound incredible after.

How do you find the Neumann NDH-30 compare with that powerful sound you described of the beyers so accurately?
Are the Neumann sound signature powerful, or more like the Senheiser HD600?

Thanks man

Neumann definetely sound more like Sennheiser, they use a Sennheiser driver after all, Neumann sounds quite similar to the Sennheiser HD560S but featuring a much better damped frame(steel/metal chassis) it has less acoustic distortion and less resonances than the HD560S. Thanks to the efficent damping it also has a deeper and more powerful bass. Also, the driver are off axis so ambience can be perceived as "better". NDH-30 sounds quite natural while the HD560S sounds a little plasticky and yeah cheap but still good for what it is. Neither has anything on Beyerdynamic in the form of attack and liveliness, Beyer is king in that department. If you wants to discover tiny details or plainly rock out Beyer is better for booth, but can be fatiguing if not eq:d, NDH-30 is admittedly a more relaxed listening not needing any eq at all but still with very good detail/impact but as said not anywhere near Beyer liveliness. Also NDH-30 can sound great with a much lesser amp even if it scales too.

NDH-30 do not sound like the HD600, it sounds like a better HD560S. HD660S2 is the one that is starting to gravitate towards the Beyer-sound, it sounds like a HD600 with a rock and roll filter smacked on. Not as natural as the HD600, but a more fun tuning. I like the HD660S2 a lot, but it is still not as lively as Beyer LoL

HD600 is in a class of it's own in being natural, only can I have been scared from sounds coming from within the room ....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back