Hello and thanks
Dec 5, 2007 at 6:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Dondoh

Head-Fier
Hello everyone.

A couple of weeks ago, my jogging headphones failed.

I really like them. You will probably laugh, they were Sennheiser PMX-60s, but they served me well in all weathers these last several years.

I decided to look around a bit to see what was available on the net regarding phones.... Now after a circuitous e-journey, I have landed here.

I have to assume this is the center of the headphone planet.

A week ago, I was happily going to get a pair of Sennheiser PX-100s to jog in and to listen to at my computer. Now I am afraid I have been sucked into the vortex here. In a weeks time I am already convinced that a $100 dollar budget isn't at all unreasonable. A week ago I thought $30 was a lot...

So, thanks for all the great info. I have spent hours here and elsewhere reading your collected wisdom and have enjoyed your posts.
Well done.

Now, if anyone has any recommendations for a computer headphone for under 100, I am all ears.

But mainly, thanks for all your efforts here.

Dec 5, 2007 at 6:07 AM Post #2 of 6
PS. Today I am leaning toward Grado sr80s. But I could hold out for 225s if my comfort level with spending keeps growing...

But I am afraid I don't even know what I want yet.

Dec 5, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #3 of 6
I don't think the PX-100 is a bad choice at all. Some people will recommend IEMs, but in my opinion, doing any exercise outside with IEMs isn't the most pleasant experience, not to mention the uncomfortableness the sound isolation they will put you in.

There are quite a few full sized headphones around the $100 mark, but the PX-100 should accommodate your jogging purposes just right.

Dec 5, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #4 of 6
I think I am now in the "one for jogging, one for home" mode....
I am afraid of the IEMs. Once you get over 5 or 6 miles, it is pretty easy to zone out from the mindless repetition of the exercise alone. But if I couldn't hear outside noise at all, I think I would pretty quickly end up as a hood ornament...
I have one more set of PMX-60s that belong to my wife that I can use for a little while.
From my reading here, the portapros look pretty good too. I like that they are lifetime guaranteed. I would certainly go through a pair every couple of years or so, i reckon...

Dec 5, 2007 at 6:36 AM Post #5 of 6
I would advice you not to get the Grados for the time being if these are going to be used for jogging. I have the Alessandro MS1's and they seem to look too big for running and they might make you ears too hot. I would suggest the Koss KSC-75's if you want to experiment with some clip-ons or you should get the PX100 like you wanted to in the first place.

Best of Luck, Jayon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back