Hello, and please help me decide for a new iem
Nov 19, 2014 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

remanus

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I am Manuel  and I live in Holland, 40 years old and I like to listen to music(like us all here probably.) Mostly I like to listen to rock music and  a bit of pop. The new Paulo Nutini is one of my favourite albums to listen to at the moment, and also Eddie Vedder solo work I like to listen to allot.
Now after 2 years listening to my TDK ie800 iem’s I start to lose the fun factor of them, at the beginning I was blown away with the TDK’s as they sounded brighter and more detailed then I ever heard on other iem’s I owned(vsonic GR02, UE super fi forgot the number, some cheap Sennheisers.) But now I maybe got bored with them, or they aren’t so good anymore as they were. Not sure about that, mostly it came after I replaced my home speakers with self-made mark audio single driver full range Alpair 10 set.
So decided I am getting new iem’s. I would like a iem with little more tighter deeper bass(I am no bashead.) Also I would love them to have a better soundstage, with these two things added to the bright detailed TDK ie800 signature I am hoping to get the fun factor back on my iem.
After reading joker’s page, a lot of forum posts and reviews I think I narrowed my search to a shortlist and would like some feedback on it.

1: Ultimate Ears 900, I think I like the sound described at jokers page and what the reviewers say. But I am scared that they break to quick and that is mostly my concern after reading the posts about that. They will cost me about 300€
2: Sennheisers ie80, no idea why they came in my list but after a lot of reading comparing topics with the ue 900 and my other options I did read up about the ie80. And I do think if I lower the bass setting on the iem I also would really love these. They will cost me about 220€
3: Fischer Audio DBA-02, reading through joker reviews these came very close to the TDK signature. And lots of people seem to love them. I think they will add the 2 things I want to upgrade on my TDK, just not sure on that. And if my 1st two options are better I rather spend a bit more for a bigger upgrade. They will cost me about 160€
I hope some of the comments can help me decide which pair of iem’s I will buy.

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #2 of 5
Hi Manuel

I am in a similar situation to you (and also based in NL!). I've been looking at the same IEMS you mentioned, plus the Shure 425, Westone W30 (though that is pretty expensive). My budget is similar to yours. Have you found any well priced examples based in Netherlands/Europe? Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Andrew

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #3 of 5
Well i Just ordered ue900 on Amazon.fr for 160 € refurbished. There is warrantee on them. Just hope i made aan good choice with them. The prices in my first post were the cheapest i could find. Just keep checking all europe Amazon stores for good deals i would advice.

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #4 of 5
Well i Just ordered ue900 on Amazon.fr for 160 € refurbished. There ik guarantee on them. Just hope i made aan good choice with them. The prices in my first post were the cheapest i could find. Just keep checking all europe Amazon stores for good deals i would advice.

UE900 are a good IEM, you will be happy, they also sound nice from iBasso DX50.

About the durability issues:

Try and remember when removing UE900 to hold the shells past the faceplate, as the problems with them falling apart are often related to people removing them, grabbing the faceplate, pulling and it coming unglued from the shell.

So try and remember to remove them by holding the shell and not the actual faceplate and repeat this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back