Hello and help!
Oct 7, 2017 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Grimbles

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

New to this game but have been reading head fi for a while now and finally find myself in need of a little help (imo worthy of a post).

I have been using a dragonfly 1.2 with shure se215s and se425s for a little while now (direct on pcs and macs and usb audio player on the android phones - currrntly s8 and note 8). Unfortunately last week i lost my dragonfly on hols and find myself in the market. Question is, for what?

So here is my quandry: i'd be prepared to spend up to GBP 3-500 on a replacement. I had got to the point where constantly plugging the dragonfly into a phone/laptop, esp on regular train commutes to london, had become a bit of a drag so am considering a decent pmp. The a&k players are an obvious potential but things like the hidiz ap200, shanling m2s etc seem to offer so much for their money i cannot understand if they are too good to be true?

On the other hand, it seems to me that a chord mojo may well just smash everything else out of the water and be worth the incovenience of carrying an extra bit of kit, esp as i can use as a dac for the home stereo (as yet unremarkable, but give me time!).

My music library is pretty large, with tastes ranging from classical through to heavy metal, and back! I have a fair bit of 44.1, 96 and 192/16 and 24 flac but no dsd (yet).

I am also planning a purchase of a new set of cans - something for home indulgence, possibly shure srh1840s though mind not made up yet, so driving something of this ilk is another must.

Really, im just after some thoughts and guidance from the more experienced! Thanks for taking the time and i look forward to your responses.

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back