Hello and Help!
Dec 30, 2014 at 8:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

firecat

New Head-Fier
Hi all, just joined the forum and wanted to say hi and ask for some advice!
I have just lost my E5C head phones, after many hours listening to them on flights around the world I finally left them in the storage on the seat back in a recent flight I took. They were not handed in so I am in the process of looking for a new set. What should I replace them with for equivalent better performance? SE 425 has been suggested as a direct replacement.
Any advice would be very much appreciated!
All the best for the new year!

Dec 30, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #4 of 5
In either the Shure or Westone line, I would just go with whatever you want to spend. If the SE425 is the most you want to spend, then fine. If you can step-up to the SE535, then do it. I think you find that for both brands, each step up gets you a bit more - more bass extension, more treble detail, more smooth throughout, etc.

Dec 31, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #5 of 5
Yeah. Generally fans of the Shure sound should really stick to the Shure line. Nothing replaces them for that crowd! The se535 is a smart upgrade long term over the 425. They hold value and offer much more for the money. The 215 and 535 and 846 are the only shure IEMs in the new line I feel worth the cash. YMMV. Hope this helps!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back