Hello all...
Feb 4, 2014 at 1:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

breezyjr

New Head-Fier
Hello all...

So, I figured it was about time I actually join this forum... Been lurking now for a few weeks...   

I came here originally, just looking...  I had recently pick up a pair of Audio Technica m50s, which, I like..  I just wish I'd waited a bit longer...  So far, there's nothing wrong with them, but I didn't realize just how many good headphones are available for the $200 range...  

Of course, now that I've had a taste, I'm hooked, and already looking at $1,000 headphone... hehe  Here's my wallet, thanks for having me!  hehe

BTW: the headphones I'm currently interested in, the AKG K 812...  They look nice and supposedly sound good.  Now, I'm basically trying to talk myself out of those, because I know there are plenty of excellent cans under a grand... and probably some better....

Anywho... I look forward to being here... my wife won't... lol

Joe_Breezy

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #3 of 5
Well... I guess I didn't phrase that statement too well...  Maybe not "many" in the $200 range...  More like, other choices I might have liked better....  

I don't want to sound like I'm ragging on the m50s... they're good...  I'm just beginning to find out how many other good headphones are out there, many I've never even heard of before...

Joe_Breezy

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #4 of 5

I don't want to sound like I'm ragging on the m50s

i didn't mean to correct you.I'm a newb too
tongue.gif

I just wanted to know which headphone you think could stand up to the m50, as i will be going to buy a pair soon

Feb 4, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #5 of 5
Well... I can't think of anything off the top of my head...

But, let me tell you a bit about myself, and you'll understand a bit better....

I have a habit of buying something on Impulse, then research it, only to find out there is usually more out there, which I then go on to buy....

Example..  I like R/C Helis...  I started with a $100 little heli, to fly around the house... In less than 3 years, I now own nearly 15 different helis....  I buy one, see another I like, and I just continue to buy more and more.....

If you're thinking of the M50s, I say go for it...   I wouldn't say anything negative about the m50s at this point...

I wish I could be more helpful... 
Good Luck,
Joe_Breezy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back