hello all you can junkies
Feb 26, 2014 at 8:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

auradud3

100+ Head-Fier
hello all, and thanks in advance for any and all advice given! i am a long time listener, and on and off member of this forum. my musical tastes remains the same, but i find myself without an adequate headphone rig.i am now listening to my 2 ch. set up as follows B&W 805 Diamonds, Mcintosch d100 DIA/Mcintosch MC302 PA,. my problem is that i really have not kept in touch with the newer gear out there. i am retired now but want to get my last really nice headphone rig. my last rig consisted of the Grado rs1i w/headroom ultra desktop amp/dac, i am now looking for equal or better sound but in a more compact set up. i forgot to mention that i currently am listening on a set of westone IEM's connected to my itouch. my source might remain my itunes player but would really love some solid advice on the dac/cans/amp. my experience had been with the Sennheiser line up as well as the Grado line up i would love the sennheiser HD 800's but i would want something that could be adequately powered by portable amp/dacs, if at all possible  (and i think it is) i would be looking for the whole rig for under $2000, my preference would be towards the sealed or IEM, but i would love to hear all advice to better make an informed well planned choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back