Hello, (Again)
Mar 6, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #18 of 24
The Live! 24-Bit (SB0410) uses a CS4382 DAC and WM8775 ADC, the Audigy SE/Value (SB0570) employs a WM8768 for the DAC instead. Otherwise they're quite similar and share a largely identical PCB layout. Which of them sounds better stock, that's hard to tell. In theory the CS4382 has the better specs, in practice it seems to be the power buffering that's limiting with these cards.

Mar 6, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarchy965
If your not noticing a big difference between $3 headphones and the PX-100's you might also wanna check what bitrate you ripped your CD's at.(I assume you know better than to get MP3's off crappy filesharing networks....)

That is a major problem. You must find out why there isn't a difference. No offense, but if you can't tell the difference between the PX100 and some $3 headphones, then there is no point buying more expensive headphones. I am confident that it has to do with your source, whether it be the soundcard or the sound files themselves.

Mar 6, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #20 of 24
Well, I play also CD's so it's not my files.
It could be sound card.
So You sayin 24 Live will be enough for hearing music good with it?
WOnt need that Audigy SE/VALUE ?

Mar 13, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #22 of 24
Well really the audigy series is good for gaming but not recommended for music. But it would still be a huge improvement over onboard. If you still don't see the difference between $3 'phones and PX100's after getting a new card
blink.gif
then please get your ears checked lols.
tongue.gif

Mar 13, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gufi
I better get the live than the audigy?
I dont play games much
its more for movies and music
I gonna use it also for speakers 2.1 (sbs390)

Well like Jimothy said, the most recommended(at head-fi) of the creative line is probably the EMU, which is what I plan to get soon.
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back