HELLO!~~
Jan 21, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #31 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by tsplash75
i'm as white-washed as they come... give me some flannel, serve me up some flapjacks, and lemme watch my hockey, eh!

x2... except its NBA, NFL, NHRA, USTA, CART and F1 for me
biggrin.gif

Jan 22, 2005 at 3:16 AM Post #33 of 48
The IME that comes with windows 98, 2000, xp whatever is pretty good for input with a wide selection of input methods for both simplified and traditional, and seems to work better than NJstar with other programs as it is integrated into Windows. But I dont hitnk you can input in Cantonese (if you speak it that is) with microsoft's ime. im ABC too... im SUPPOSED to be able to speak cantonese becausse its our native dialect but my dad spent most of his life here and mostly speaks english and my mom basically gave up teaching us so instead i went to chinese school to learn and i speak mandarin instead ><. I wish i could speak cantonese...

Jan 22, 2005 at 3:36 AM Post #34 of 48
native cantonese speaker here. just use traditional chinese if you want to type in cantonese...basically they are more or less the same. of course some slang / informal words can't be input easily because they are never used in writing!
cantonese is quite different from mandarin, check out wikipedia if interested...

Jan 22, 2005 at 6:42 AM Post #35 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I'm a quarter chinese, can I join? =)

Screw it, I'll start a team khmer, where of which I am the only member. Well, maybe stet too if he wants in
tongue.gif

ha! So should I call you bong or bong thom?
tongue.gif

Maybe I can split my time with team flip, US chapter. Just don't drop any tagalog on me. Dumb Amboy.

Welcome to head-fi, George. If anyone tells you to run, they mean well.

Jan 22, 2005 at 8:12 AM Post #36 of 48
WJMGEORGE.

Welcome to head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif

I've moved your thread to the members lounge. I hope you enjoy your time here
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2005 at 10:55 AM Post #37 of 48
很久没来了,认识大家真是很高兴,如果要我用英文(ENGLISH)来表达我的感情的话,我一定说不清楚的 。在过两天就要期末考试了,所以最近真的很忙,看了这么多朋友(FRIEND)的留言好幸福,今天因为时间 比较紧张所以就不用英文回复了~~
请fr4c帮我翻译一下,OK??
好吗?
fr4c,Would you translate those for me? ???thank u~~~

Jan 23, 2005 at 8:53 PM Post #41 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by stet
ha! So should I call you bong or bong thom?
tongue.gif

That'd be wierd since I'm younger, more idiotic, and (i assume) shorter than you are. =) So bong lop would be would be fine.
tongue.gif

Jan 24, 2005 at 1:50 AM Post #42 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by WJMGEORGE
很久没来了,认识大家真是很高兴,如果要我用英文(ENGLISH)来表达我的感情的话,我一定说不清楚的 。在过两天就要期末考试了,所以最近真的很忙,看了这么多朋友(FRIEND)的留言好幸福,今天因为时间 比较紧张所以就不用英文回复了~~
请fr4c帮我翻译一下,OK??
好吗?
fr4c,Would you translate those for me? ???thank u~~~

my chinese isnt top noch, so i'll do the best i can:

WJMGEORGE: Havent visited in a while, I'm so happy and glad to know eveyone, but if I use English here, I dont think I'll be able to clearly express all I have to say. In 2 days I will be taking my school exams, so I have been very busy lately, seeing that so many friends have welcomed me makes me very happy, and my schedule is pretty tight today so I won't respond in English this time.

Jan 24, 2005 at 2:35 AM Post #43 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by minya
These forums are English-only. Chinese characters (and any other foreign characters) are not allowed.

- Chris

is it ok if we use chinese characters with their english translation? so, both chinese speakers and non chinese speakers would know what we talk about.

Jan 24, 2005 at 4:03 AM Post #44 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by frankcent
is it ok if we use chinese characters with their english translation? so, both chinese speakers and non chinese speakers would know what we talk about.

Perhaps. I'm not the one to ask about that. All I know is that earlier in this forum's history there were several Chinese people who spoke to each other in their own language (in public -- obviously PMs are fine), which caused this rule to be created.

- Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back