Hell Froze Over
Oct 17, 2003 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

maestro

100+ Head-Fier
http://www.apple.com

Apple has released a windows version of iTunes, and along with it, access to their Music Store. I am very excited about this, I have waited a long time to be able to purchase exactly what I want. I think the Music Store is incredible and I'm very glad its finally here.

Has anyone had any problems or comlaints with it or the quality of the music?

Oct 18, 2003 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 11
Well, I personally think the "Hell froze over" quote is hilarious, and am glad to see Apple has such a good sense of humor.
I've used the iTunes Store a couples times. I'm on an Mac, FYI. Personally, I find the quality acceptable. It's probably not "audiophile" quality, but for normal use, the music sounds good, and the mere concept and execution alone is excellent.

Oct 18, 2003 at 3:53 AM Post #3 of 11
Just downloaded it today, installed and ran fine on both Win2000Pro and XP. I like the interface, played some familiar tracks on it, so far I am happy.

Cheers,
W

Oct 18, 2003 at 4:11 AM Post #4 of 11
frown.gif
I can't get the installer to work on my PC. This sucks, I wish PCs didn't have so many problems.

Oct 18, 2003 at 4:44 AM Post #5 of 11
Maestro,

I am surprised that yours cannot install, which Windows version
are you running? Have you kept your windows updated with the
critical updates downloaded from Microsoft website?

Regards,
W

Oct 18, 2003 at 5:11 AM Post #6 of 11
Yes, everything is updated. Its some kind of odd problem with Installshield (1608: unable to create installdriver instance). I had the same error on my old computer, fixed it by simply deleting the temp directory, but I've tried every possible solution on the Installshield website, only possible cause left is a corrupt system
mad.gif

Oct 18, 2003 at 5:16 AM Post #7 of 11
Have you tried doing some clean up, clean the cache, also deleting the page file on disk, and then rebuild in the next power up? I saw something like that before, did the above and fixed it, not sure what the exact cause was.

Good luck,
W

Oct 18, 2003 at 4:31 PM Post #10 of 11
Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Performance -> Virtual Memory -> change both initial and maximum size to 0.

Restart machine, set it back to the size you want. This forces it to re-create the page file.

This may not be it. There must be a way for you to make it work, good luck.

W

Users who are viewing this thread

Back