Helium Music Manager 2009?
Apr 2, 2009 at 7:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

SinnerG

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone here using Helium Music Manager 2009? (Command an army of songs - Helium Music Manager)

It's interface sure is pretty. It can use Access, MS SQL Server or MySQL as it's database, which also means HMM on another PC could just point to the database on a server instead of having to rebuild everything from just a shared folder.

It has many features to view and search for music and includes a coverflow facility, etc.

I currently use mediamonkey. I'm still re-organizing all my music and cleaning it up with proper tags, file names, albums and cover art.

Anyone use mediamonkey and switch to HMM? Anything you maybe find you miss about mediamonkey?

I've just tried the trial version and there were a couple of things I wasn't so keen on. For one, I couldn't figure out how to do multiple cover art. I keep art for the front, sleeve and back.

Another one had something to do with it making 2 albums out of one. Apparently something wrong with album tagging on multiple-disc albums, which I religiously mark using the CD number tag.

Sooo... anyone tried it, compared it, and want to give some heads-up on what to look out for, especially in terms of what mediamonkey can do that HMM can't?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back