Hehehe... Grado SR-125... Is it?
Jan 11, 2002 at 1:06 AM Post #16 of 20
Okay... I've tried something very similar to what you described. I don't have any Grado comfies, so I took the foam inserts from my HD-500s, and the pads from my HD-600s and cobbled up something similar to what you describe.

I've spent the last hour listening to a few CDs with the modded 325s and things have gone pretty well
smily_headphones1.gif
. I won't (can't) go into any details at the moment, but bass guitars definitely sound better (more real), and the 'phones are overall less fatiguing. I tried to mod the 125s but the pads refused to stay on in a sensible manner.

I'll do some more listening over the weekend, and maybe order some comfy pads because things sure seem promising at the moment. I only just bought a pair of HD-600s, I hope they're not redundant already
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

I have also modded my HD-500s and managed to rob them of their warmth... unfortunately the treble is ear bleeding, cursed things
mad.gif

Jan 11, 2002 at 5:23 PM Post #17 of 20
WTG WJK!!

Glad it seems to have worked out for you too...

Maybe some other people might jump on the bandwagon of this easy, yet seemingly worthwhile mod
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll try to post my pictures tomorrow, i'll see how things go
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2002 at 6:12 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by moose

-quite a few tomarrows later-

pictures? yes...no...maybe so?
frown.gif
confused.gif

Sorry, I've been kinda busy trying to work out where my personal life is going over the past couple of weeks, you'll have noticed that I haven't been posting around here so often (Not since me and KR... did the Hamburglar thing to be precise
tongue.gif
)

I'm still not quite HERE here, but... i'm working on it... and then, those pictures will arrive
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back