Hegel HD12
May 4, 2015 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

aqsw

1000+ Head-Fier
Hegel has finally jumped into the headphone market, with their Dac/amp combo. Although the amp is never mentioned on the reviews it really is a performer. The dac kills though.http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0115/Hegel_HD12_DAC_Review.htm

May 4, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #2 of 7
think the hegel super usb head amp has been around for a couple of years or so. they're not new to the headphone market.

May 5, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #3 of 7
think the hegel super usb head amp has been around for a couple of years or so. they're not new to the headphone market.

This is the high end audio forum though. The super doesn't qualify. I meant the Hegel full size amp/dac with headphone output. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

May 7, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #5 of 7
it's an amazing dac, but the headamp section needs a lot more work. it struggled with my hd 800. and d'ont even think about planars, not hifiman anyways. they will get it right eventually.

May 7, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #6 of 7
it's an amazing dac, but the headamp section needs a lot more work. it struggled with my hd 800. and d'ont even think about planars, not hifiman anyways. they will get it right eventually.

I bought it for the dac section. Was looking for a balanced dac for my fuure liquid carbon. I liked the footprint and the super reviews on the dac section. There was never any comments on the amp section unless it was a free add on. I don't think any major reviewers even looked at the amp..

Even the link I gave does not even mention the amp. All it does is praise the dac. He even bought one.:)

May 8, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #7 of 7
I bought it for the dac section. Was looking for a balanced dac for my fuure liquid carbon. I liked the footprint and the super reviews on the dac section. There was never any comments on the amp section unless it was a free add on. I don't think any major reviewers even looked at the amp..

Even the link I gave does not even mention the amp. All it does is praise the dac. He even bought one.
smily_headphones1.gif

i have owned both the hd25 and the hd12 and they are fantastic products, but my hope is that Hegel will come up with a true high end headamp capable of driving anything at la moon neo 430. they can do it big time if they want. i hope they will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back