Heed Canamp questions and alternatives?
Jan 10, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by makasin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does the GL compare to the heed/ EC/SS with and without the dedicated supply? I am thinking of getting a GL and getting a supply later. Is that a good investment? What can I expect of the GL?

I'm also wondering about the same thing. I have to start planning my next upgrade to a desktop amp (and also start saving up).

Jan 10, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by makasin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does the GL compare to the heed/ EC/SS with and without the dedicated supply? I am thinking of getting a GL and getting a supply later. Is that a good investment? What can I expect of the GL?

The GL has a more accurate, neutral sound, whereas the EC/SS has a warmer, somewhat tube-like flavor to the sound. Both are great values in the solid state amp arena and IMO better engineered than the Heed. The GL will drive most any headphone you throw at it, and show you what your headphone and source are capable of. I've not heard it with the stock power supply.

Jan 10, 2007 at 6:25 AM Post #18 of 18
Well since I am building a SOHA, I would like to have something more neutral AKA Gilmore light. PLus, I dont really have that much cashflow right now to justify 400+. How would a GL compare to a creek obh11? Thats the only other point of reference I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back