Heed CanAmp or Corda Opera
May 21, 2007 at 4:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

freakmax

500+ Head-Fier
Which one do you think is a better choice?

Heed CanAmp + Stello DA100

or

Corda Opera

I will be using them with my computer.
My headphone are K701 and DT990.

May 21, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #2 of 4
^ Well, Asr has stated he believes that the HEED CANAMP not to be very transparent of sources, and based upon that statement it would seem to be a waste to go to the expense of such a well regarded DAC...

My experience with the Canamp is that it was transparent enough for me to note a significant improvement with the addition of the MHDT DAC to my SB3 &/or SACD player while playing CDs...

However, I will be finding out exactly how much of an improvement between the two the Corda Opera is beginning tomorrow with my 2 week audition of the intergral DAC/AMP piece. As well as how much of an improvement my MHDT is over both my SB3 & Sony ce595 analog outs vs the Operas intergral DAC with my many cans...

Stay tuned~

May 21, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #3 of 4
Haven't tried Heed Canamp, but as you have DT990 and K701, I am sure you would not regret to have the Opera, it is well known to be best synergy with Beyer's cans.

May 21, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by ManAtWork /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't tried Heed Canamp, but as you have DT990 and K701, I am sure you would not regret to have the Opera, it is well known to be best synergy with Beyer's cans.

2x ... from my experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back