HeAudio 1.3, 1.2B and the new JADE Stat Headphones
Dec 8, 2008 at 11:12 AM Post #1,849 of 2,677
Am I the only one that finds referring to a headphone as "she" really really creepy?
eek.gif

Dec 8, 2008 at 12:12 PM Post #1,850 of 2,677
No, my friend: I agree with you and I think it validates a lot of theories...
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only one that finds referring to a headphone as "she" really really creepy?
eek.gif

Dec 8, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #1,851 of 2,677
Quote:

eek.gif

You certainly have a point, but it depends on cultural and linguistic background. In my native language for instance objects have a gender, and the word for "headphone" is feminine. So it is quite ok by me, but thinking English, and especially if you are keen on horror movies...
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #1,852 of 2,677
Quote:

eek.gif

No. If I am going to have anything sit on my face for hours per day, I would rather refer to it as a she, rather than an "it".
redface.gif

Boats are "shes" and so are cars. Why not headphones?
They have two equal sized round objects that sit approximately shoulder length apart, can drive a man into nirvana or disgust, and do as well in the living room as they do in the bedroom. They can be changed cosmetically and the padding can be either soft or stiff, and sometimes you don't want to take them outside to share with even your best friends.

And, most importantly, as with women, there is almost always a string attached.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #1,853 of 2,677
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. If I am going to have anything sit on my face for hours per day, I would rather refer to it as a she, rather than an "it".
redface.gif

They have two equal sized round objects that sit approximately shoulder length apart, can drive a man into nirvana or disgust, and do as well in the living room as they do in the bedroom. They can be changed cosmetically and the padding can be either soft or stiff, and sometimes you don't want to take them outside to share with even your best friends.

smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah.. but the fundamental difference is I actually want to listen to my headphones.
beerchug.gif

Dec 8, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #1,854 of 2,677
Quote:

Originally Posted by b17m4p /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah.. but the fundamental difference is I actually want to listen to my headphones.
beerchug.gif

Then don't date women that sound like Fran Drescher!
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 8, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #1,855 of 2,677
Quote:

eek.gif

"My precious"...now that would be creepy
wink.gif

Dec 8, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #1,856 of 2,677
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
redface.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

LOL !!!

Dec 8, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #1,857 of 2,677
I do hope no one starts addressing his headphone like Gomer Pyle calls his rifle in Full Metal Jacket.
ph34r.gif

Dec 8, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #1,858 of 2,677
Quote:

If that's true, then you should be able to order them in A, B, C and D sizes. R10's, Stax Sigma's and those giant JVC's might be DDD.

And what about IEM's ...well those are strapless?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back