heatsink question
Apr 2, 2008 at 5:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

denden88

Head-Fier
I'm looking for a heatsink to cool a TA2022 chip. Any suggestion? Doesn't have to be anything special, just something I can drill holes in and bolt to the chip. Needs to be 2 inches wide and 1 inch tall.

Thanks

Apr 2, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 2
lemme guess... amp10b?

if so, i had the same issue when sourcing parts for my amp10. i ended up getting a sink intended for a DC/DC converter, from Mouser (P/N: 567-547-24AB). like you suggest, i was planning on drilling holes in the appropriate spots. since i haven't yet built my amp10, i can't tell you how well it works. the sink did end up being a bit slimmer than i was expecting (not too much thermal mass), but then, i was looking for one light enough that the chip could support it on its own. as such, the part number above corresponds to the slimmest profile in that line (0.24" in height)... i think there are two other available "thicknesses", i.e., fin heights. note also that I chose the vertical fin orientation, which i figured would be better for radiating heat upwards in a passively cooled configuration. hope this helps... let us know what you end up deciding on.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back