Heat Problem with Headphones
Dec 19, 2023 at 5:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

rennyprowess

Head-Fier
Hi everyone, new Head-Fi user here. Haven't seemed to be able to find a thread about this, I live in Singapore where it's extremely hot and humid. The material of my earcups have been peeling badly, so I've tried using fabric earcups from some chinese seller. These are really warm and I can't go more than 10 minutes without sweating like crazy. Anyone knows a solution to this? I'm using the Audio Technica ATH-M30x. Also thinking about upgrading my headphones, but I'm looking for something I can wear for long periods of time. Thanks!

Dec 19, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #2 of 7
When it gets hot I switch to flathead earbuds and IEMs.
It might be a better choice to find a suitable IEM alternative.
It's now very easy to find many good IEMs under $100 that outclass most headphones under $100 for tonal response.

My personal sub-100$ IEM is the KZ HBB PR2, but there are many other options that I havn't heard.
I also do not recommend the HBB PR2, because of production version issues and that it absolutely requires a powerful amplifier.

Dec 19, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #5 of 7
Agree with the above, IEM's is the best for me, but something like the Koss KCS75 also works okay for me.
Open backs are also better than closed backs, but for me the difference is not that big, when it's over the ear models.

Dec 20, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #6 of 7
I agree with most of the comments, pads are a bad idea in heat.

That said, you might try some Dekoni fenestrated sheepskin pads, if available for your headphones. They're far and away the "coolest" pads I've ever used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back