Heartbreak- oh the misery!
Jan 2, 2002 at 7:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Confused

New Head-Fier
I'm seeking comfort in music.

and have been downloading songs like a mad over the past few days.

Think I'm going to visit the CD library tomorrow.

Could you please recommend albums/singles to get me through this wretched period?

A disc doing far too much rotation in my CD player is Chris Issak's Forever Blue.

The liquor cabinet is getting a lot attention too.

Jan 2, 2002 at 9:48 PM Post #2 of 8
Confused, when I'm feeling down I always like to listen to Hard Rock like Pantera, Tool, etc... If you want something more like blues then I would suggest Gary Moore. Also, for a drink I prefer Kettle One Vodka and Tonic.

Jan 2, 2002 at 11:23 PM Post #3 of 8
Marillion - Brave

leaves you in tears, makes ya wanna jump from a bridge, specially if you feel sad to begin with.

....probably not the wisest advise I've ever given, but I just can't stand happy tunes when I'm depressed. I rather plunge into a deep black hole for a few days and one moring wake up and get on with things. usually also involves loads of alcohol..

Jan 3, 2002 at 3:19 AM Post #4 of 8
I'm w/ Braver, gotta have music to fit the mood, not counter it. Though all I really need is time alone, no alcohol or anything else required. So let me suggest a slower, regretful, simple but to the point, song: 'Wise Up' by Aimee Mann.

Jan 3, 2002 at 1:15 PM Post #5 of 8
Pink Floyd "The Final Cut" - lose sight of your own problems by being grateful that you're not Roger Waters :)

And if you must listen while drunk, almost anything by Tom Waits, especially "Rain Dogs" or "The Black Rider". It makes sense sober, but it makes a whole other kind of sense in the right circumstances. And you can sing along!

Jan 3, 2002 at 3:24 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
I'm w/ Braver, gotta have music to fit the mood, not counter it.

First music to fit the mood (depressing, sad music), then music to mend the mood (Soundgarden, Creed, etc.)...

Jan 3, 2002 at 6:23 PM Post #7 of 8
Love songs huh? Faith Hill, Shania Twain.......Almost every female artist sings about love and lost, Anretha Franklin and Dion Warrick are two of the best, Dusty Springfield, the list goes on.

Go hire Romatic comedies and have a cry and a laugh, when Harry met Sally, High Fidelity, Sleepless in Seatle, Serentipity, Shakespeare In Love.......... Or watch Ally McBeal.

Jan 5, 2002 at 7:32 PM Post #8 of 8
ah nah dun listen to love songs dood. they'll just make ya cry!

go out and have a chat with friends. play a bit of sports (if ur a guy), read some trashy mags (if ya a girl), eat a lot and drink even more! pump up the stereo, have a dance around, watch some comedy movies, and repeat.

hit the clubs, let loose and go fricken nuts. but dun do anything stoopid u might regret later. (u know what i'm talkin bout)

dun watch romantic/comedies or anything along those lines.

just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back