Heart CD6000
Sep 7, 2001 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

SumB

500+ Head-Fier
I was just wondering if anyone here had any hands on experience with this interesting player? How does it stack up to the nOrh CD-1?

FYI the Heart is a tubed Marantz based player like the Tjoeb with the difference being that the tubes really are the output stage
(not a buffer after the opamps like the Tjoeb).

A pro review may be found below.

http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/heartcd6000_e.html

Sep 7, 2001 at 4:25 AM Post #2 of 14
I would like to see more reviews on the nOrh and Heart players. Seems like all the hype surrounds the Tjoeb.
TNT gave the nOrh a great review as well.
I havn't directly compared my CD-1 to other players ... so I cant say if it is a giant killer .... however it does sound flippin nice in my setup.
Now Heart has US distributor:
http://www.fsaudioweb.com/main.html

Sep 7, 2001 at 3:40 PM Post #3 of 14
The Heart is awesome. It sounds a lot better than the Tjoeb which sounds murky IMO. The Tjoeb is comparable to the Heart CD4000. I haven't heard the Norh tho.

Sep 7, 2001 at 3:42 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

wab said...

The Heart is awesome. It sounds a lot better than the Tjoeb which sounds murky IMO. The Tjoeb is comparable to the Heart CD4000.

Maybe it's just me, but aren't those last two statements somewhat contradictory?
confused.gif

Sep 7, 2001 at 3:52 PM Post #5 of 14
dwilkin: Maybe I should be a little clearer:

The Heart CD6000 is awesome. It sounds a lot better than the Tjoeb which sounds murky IMO. The Tjoeb is comparable to the Heart CD4000. I haven't heard the Norh tho.

Heart makes three players you know, the CD4000, CD5000 and CD6000. For more info check
http://www.tubes.nl/ and go to "Tubes in CD-players/Tuners".

Sep 7, 2001 at 3:53 PM Post #6 of 14
Ah, thanks for the clarification.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 7, 2001 at 8:50 PM Post #7 of 14
I was wondering, is it possible to have such an upgrade done after you buy a CD6000 or something? or do they only upgrade new units?

Sep 8, 2001 at 4:38 AM Post #9 of 14
what the heck is the X-10D?

Sep 8, 2001 at 8:24 AM Post #11 of 14
wow, that's great! I read a review comparing the Heart-cd600 to the Rega Planet (which was only in the same price range of the Heart cause it went down in price with the planet2000 coming!), and the Herat winning in almost every area
smily_headphones1.gif

hmm...now to get my hands on one of those champagne colored Marantz's
smily_headphones1.gif

how good is the cd4000? the Tjoebs everyone is raving about is based on this right? sounds like a good idea to get the cd4000 and save up for the Heart upgrade...hmmm
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: damn, the cd4000 and 5000 don't come in champagne
frown.gif

Sep 8, 2001 at 11:15 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by jaghouse
what the heck is the X-10D?

The x-10d is a component from Musical fidelity. It comes in the same casing as the xcans v2 and x-psu. As raymondlin said its tube based and all you do is to plug your cd player interconnects into the unit and then plug another pair from the x-10 d into the amplifier itself.

I did actually try this unit and whilst I could detect some "improvements" it wasnt enough to justify it. Also because I also have a reasonable kit already (ie above budget but below highend
biggrin.gif
) I was also a bit concerend that if I upgraded the amp or cd player then it would become redundant in the system, so in the end I spent the £80 on cds and more memory for the pc!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 14, 2004 at 8:37 PM Post #14 of 14
stereophile reviewd the tjoeb some months ago...... and atkinson's measurements of the thing revealed that it's TERRIBLE. with measurements that bad, i don't care what anyone says subjectively... the mods done by tjoeb are just crap. i seriously doubt the stock marantz player could have been that bad.

i hope the two players mentioned here implemented their mods much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back