Heart Beat with Canal-phones
May 26, 2005 at 5:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

elliot

100+ Head-Fier
Sometimes I can hear my heart beat when using my Shures. For those with experience with both kinds, is this phenomenon of hearing or feeling your heart beat in your ears less pronounced or less present on inner-ear mold canalphones such as ultimate ears? Thanks!
attachment.php

May 26, 2005 at 5:33 AM Post #2 of 13
congratulations, you're alive

they isolate more than regular canalphones, so I would assume it's worse.

May 27, 2005 at 3:58 AM Post #6 of 13
nice icon elliot.

May 27, 2005 at 4:09 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by elliot
Sometimes I can hear my heart beat when using my Shures. For those with experience with both kinds, is this phenomenon of hearing or feeling your heart beat in your ears less pronounced or less present on inner-ear mold canalphones such as ultimate ears? Thanks!
attachment.php

Depends to some extent how you've inserted them - if you trap extra pressure in your ear canal then you'll hear your pulse more than if you break the seal once they are in and let the pressure even out. Typically all the eating/breathing/heartbeat noises seem louder as the seal gets better.

May 27, 2005 at 7:36 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by atx
Maybe you should check your blood pressure?

I was thinking the same thing. I hear my heart beat sometimes with e2c's, but only after I have been joggging for an extended period of time.

May 30, 2005 at 1:50 PM Post #11 of 13
It's called occlusion. It's completely normal.

May 30, 2005 at 2:08 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801
I have the ety 6i and when resting they are fine but at the gym I hear my heart and on the eliptical they have an in and out of phase quality. That said they are great.

Same with me, only in the gym though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back