Hearing Question
Nov 9, 2016 at 9:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Neccros

100+ Head-Fier
I always had this thing where if I really hold my mouth open while listening to music through headphones, my left side hearing gets a little brighter sound wise. Not sure if that's the correct description. It's not like I lose or gain volume, but rather tone changes slightly.

Does anyone else experience this? If so is there a term for this? or is it just how our ears are designed?

Nov 10, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #3 of 7
Our ears are designed?

I can't say I've experienced this personally, but then I don't think I've spent an extended period of time listening to music with my mouth agape. 
eek.gif

Nov 10, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #4 of 7
I just noticed it one day that when I yawned the tone in my left ear got a little clearer and brighter.... then when I went back to normal, it was a little flatter sounding. 

I probably didn't describe this as well as I could of. but its the best I could do

Nov 10, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #5 of 7
  I just noticed it one day that when I yawned the tone in my left ear got a little clearer and brighter.... then when I went back to normal, it was a little flatter sounding. 

I probably didn't describe this as well as I could of. but its the best I could do

I'm not a pro but our ear, mouth, throat and nose are all connected together in some form. Areas like our eustachian tubes you can read about. I am actually experiencing some problems after perforating my left eardrum over a year ago. I have fluid build up in my left ear and it effects my sinuses (mostly around my forehead)

Nov 10, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #6 of 7

Well, yawning opens the eustachian tube to equalize pressure between the middle ear and external air pressure. Maybe the act of opening the tube causes the sound to change momentarily if your ears are slightly blocked and wax is shifted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back