hearing problem?
May 9, 2012 at 8:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

reddragon

Headphoneus Supremus
i dont blast my music but i have this "ear popping" sound on my left ear (only) sometimes when i use my iem (etymotic research hf 5) and i never had it with headphones but now today i just have it when im using my beyerdynamic dt990, why is that? despite not having audiophile ears, im a young and fairly healthy 20 years old male that does not have hearing problems. 

May 9, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #2 of 4
First thing to try is placing your headphones and then the IEMs in the other ears.  Put the left channel in the right ear and the right channel in the left ear.  This will test your setup.

If it is your gear you can fix it.  If it still persists try another player like a CD player or stereo receiver to test your headphones ( both sets ).  If the problem goes away then you know it was probably your headphones or even a jack plug.

If the problem persists you may have a piece of debris or ear wax inside your ear that is bumping against your ear drum.  If in the long run it does not go away say after a hot shower or placing a heating pad on your ear for an hour or so, you should go to a medical doctor.  Take your hearing seriously and do not be afraid to get those ears checked.

In the end I really only recommend a few hours of listening to headphones a week.  Any more can lead to ringing in the ears.

May 9, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
First thing to try is placing your headphones and then the IEMs in the other ears.  Put the left channel in the right ear and the right channel in the left ear.  This will test your setup.

If it is your gear you can fix it.  If it still persists try another player like a CD player or stereo receiver to test your headphones ( both sets ).  If the problem goes away then you know it was probably your headphones or even a jack plug.

If the problem persists you may have a piece of debris or ear wax inside your ear that is bumping against your ear drum.  If in the long run it does not go away say after a hot shower or placing a heating pad on your ear for an hour or so, you should go to a medical doctor.  Take your hearing seriously and do not be afraid to get those ears checked.

In the end I really only recommend a few hours of listening to headphones a week.  Any more can lead to ringing in the ears.

i dont think its my setup because i have had this problem with my comp as a source and my ipod as a source. it may be i need to take a break for my ears and dont listen to music through headphones and iems for too long in one time. but for regular hearing when im not on headphones or iems, i have no hearing problem. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back