Hearing music via headset while simultaneously getting the environment mixed-in?
Sep 13, 2020 at 9:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kuebler

100+ Head-Fier
Increasingly there exist offers for listening to something on the (i)Phone, while simultaneously the environmental audio ist mixed into the ear. I mean together with e.g. the music, and with an adjustable ratio, i.e. the environment more as a background for alerts, or with the music as background.

A prominent example for such devices are the Nuheara iQbuds, and AFAIK the newest Apple AirPods Pro can achieve the same. In principle IMHO this should be a software problem, as long as the headset has speakers and microphones.

I'm using the Beyerdynamic Xelento Wireless Bluetooth IEMs and would like to have the explained option. Ideally even in parallel with using a standard player app on my iPhone, but if this is technically not possible, then I would also have no problem to buy a special player software supporting my wish.

Anybody any idea? Thanks in advance. BTW: I used search but didn't find anything.

Sep 13, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #2 of 2
Maybe my post has been misleading. I know that there are a lot of offers which provide the service which I wish somehow internally as part of a whole package. Such as the Nuheara iQbuds, the Apple AirPods Pro, and meanwhile many others.

What I wanted to ask here is whether there exists some 3rd party software app which works with various or even all (BT-connected) IEMs which have the hardware provisions for both doing sound output and taking sound input from the outside via a microphone. Like any headset does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back