hearing loss? =(
Jul 18, 2007 at 10:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

b-sides

100+ Head-Fier
i went to a polyphonic spree show last night and i forgot to bring my earplugs. the show was quite loud, and i was standing about 30-60 feet away from the stage. my ears felt quite stuffy last night, and i went to sleep with mild tinnitus. this morning i woke up feeling slightly stuffy still, but the tinnitus was gone. i prided myself in having excellent hearing, but now i notice that everything seems slightly muffled/deadened. i have to strain to hear noises like my hard drive clicking, the sound of my footsteps on the sidewalk, and the scratchings of a pencil. is this permanent? the stupid thing is that i usually keep very good care of my ears, wearing earplugs and almost always keeping headphone volume at less than 33% of max volume. it'd be a terrible shame if one mistake will leave me with regrets for the rest of my life.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Happens to me everytime I go to a concert. Your hearing will return to normal eventually.

Ditto, don't worry about it. Give it some time.

Jul 19, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #5 of 10
Your ears will be fine, just don't make a habit of assaulting them like that.

So, how was the concert?

Jul 19, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #7 of 10
ya i hate that feeling man it will slowly come back

How was the show, went and saw them a couple weeks ago, thought it was pretty amazing.

Jul 19, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #9 of 10
the concert was AMAZING! best live show i have ever been to. hope my ears are ok though... i definitely will never forget to bring my earplugs again!

Jul 19, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by b-sides /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i went to a polyphonic spree show last night and i forgot to bring my earplugs. the show was quite loud, and i was standing about 30-60 feet away from the stage. my ears felt quite stuffy last night, and i went to sleep with mild tinnitus. this morning i woke up feeling slightly stuffy still, but the tinnitus was gone. i prided myself in having excellent hearing, but now i notice that everything seems slightly muffled/deadened. i have to strain to hear noises like my hard drive clicking, the sound of my footsteps on the sidewalk, and the scratchings of a pencil. is this permanent? the stupid thing is that i usually keep very good care of my ears, wearing earplugs and almost always keeping headphone volume at less than 33% of max volume. it'd be a terrible shame if one mistake will leave me with regrets for the rest of my life.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

This is known as temporary threshold shift. As others have said, just don't get in the habit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back