Hearing Imbalance... HELP
Sep 18, 2011 at 11:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

paconavarro

100+ Head-Fier

I wasn't sure where to post this, but here it goes.

I have a very clear and detected hearing imbalance on my left ear, I usually relay on STTool to center the sound but when Im with other system or portable I hate to hear things a bit tilted to the right... 

So I was thinking on telling a friend who is proficient with electronics to build a pan/balance kind of adapter in which I could connect my HP and then to the amp/iPod/Plane or whatever source... a small box ... something like this:

I really dont know If I'm talking nonsense but for me it seems reasonable because I cant use VST or AU everywhere I go...

Comments? Recommendations? 

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #3 of 7
depending your rig and situation, an RSA sr71b amp may be one solution. it has adjustable left and right channels.
I would assume that you have gotten your ears professionally cleaned and checked to make sure this isnt something that can be fixed?

good luck.

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #4 of 7
I made a few of these, I have a couple of the rats tail versions left over, the multiturn trimmer adjusts the balance,

if you want one PM me your address and I'll drop one in the mail

Cheers

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
depending your rig and situation, an RSA sr71b amp may be one solution. it has adjustable left and right channels.
I would assume that you have gotten your ears professionally cleaned and checked to make sure this isnt something that can be fixed?

good luck.

Yes I'm very carefull about my ears, because of the imbalance and because my earwax is very dense I have to go with the ear doctor each 6 months or less. 

@Fred_fred2004 WOW man !!!  Im PM you...  tnks

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
I made a few of these, I have a couple of the rats tail versions left over, the multiturn trimmer adjusts the balance,

if you want one PM me your address and I'll drop one in the mail

Cheers

well thats certainly cheaper than a 71B - :wink: 

way to help a brother out!

Dec 30, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #7 of 7
OK the rat tails worked very nice, but at with some songs I found a strange behavior like if the phase was shifted. 
So I found a guy that fixes TV a couple blocks from my house and started to talk about a solution for the hearing imbalance and he suggested a per channel volume control.
Here is the result... It's horrible but works like a charm :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back