Hearing Damage
Jan 1, 2003 at 8:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

NuclearFusi0n

100+ Head-Fier
So my sister made me dance at a wedding reception, and my ears had light ringing for about an hour afterwards....is any damage that happened permanent? i'm really protective of my hearing, but meh
frown.gif

Jan 1, 2003 at 9:14 AM Post #3 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by NuclearFusi0n
So my sister made me dance at a wedding reception, and my ears had light ringing for about an hour afterwards....

You had too many beers, that's all.

Jan 1, 2003 at 9:23 AM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

So my sister made me dance at a wedding reception, and my ears had light ringing for about an hour afterwards....is any damage that happened permanent? i'm really protective of my hearing, but meh
frown.gif

How long was the exposure to the music?? One song, one hour, one night, etc.

How loud do you think the music was?? Like a jet at takeoff, like a good set of speakers at full blast, like speakers at moderately loud volume, etc.

Chances are pretty good that y0ou did not receive any damage for one main reason: when your ears ring permanently, that's a problem. Ringing of the ears can occur without damage. You should be careful of your hearing and carry some ear plugs or some sort when you're gonna be in loud music for any length of time. It may not be so cool, but your ears will thank you when you're still enjoying music in all it's frequency splendor at a much loder age!!!

Jan 1, 2003 at 9:45 AM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by Snufkin
Get yourself a pair of these
http://www.etymotic.com/musicians/more20.asp

So the next time you go out to a concert/club/loud relatives place you'll reduce the risk of further hearing damage.
Generally tinnitus is permanent, yes - the best cure is prevention
wink.gif

I have been using a foam type ear plug from drug store. Is the ety plug effective? Anyone has experience with it?

Jan 1, 2003 at 9:50 AM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by Gergor
I have been using a foam type ear plug from drug store. Is the ety plug effective? Anyone has experience with it?

is the foam type effective? i dont have any $$$ for the etys (yeah, i know
rolleyes.gif
frown.gif
)

Jan 1, 2003 at 9:53 AM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

is the foam type effective? i dont have any $$$ for the etys (yeah, i know
rolleyes.gif
frown.gif
)

Yes, they work perfectly. The Ety's do more of a balanced drop in sound across the board, while cheap foamies just drop more and more as the frequency increases. While in the Navy almost all that we used were the cheap discosable foam ear plugs. They work very well.

When it comes down to it, anything is better than nothing when it comes to protecting your hearing. Just don't rely on your fingers as they won't do good enough of a job.
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2003 at 11:14 AM Post #9 of 25
Hearing loss much suck!

...can't think of anything good to say, just want to out post ServinginEcuador, lol.

very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 1, 2003 at 11:18 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by ClearYourMind
Hearing loss much suck!

...can't think of anything good to say, just want to out post ServinginEcuador, lol.

very_evil_smiley.gif

LOL!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2003 at 11:23 AM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by ClearYourMind
1407 more post and I shall have my victory!

Just you wait. My day will come

very_evil_smiley.gif

Make that 1408, and that's only if I don't post a single post more in the mean time!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 1, 2003 at 11:34 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

hey dont forget me!

No problem, you're right now only 30 posts behind ClearYourMind, but keep up the good work both of you!!!

Hopefully your questions have been answered with respect to the foamies and hearing loss issue. Please post any more questions or comments and we'll do our best to help you part with your money!!!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back