Heaphones/ IEMs, to sleep with
Feb 26, 2009 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Shingetsu

100+ Head-Fier
Yes i mean in that way.

But seriously, Used to love falling asleep to some jams out of my ipod to my old pair of sony whatevers, but now im all about cans and have found i cant really sleep with cans on (unless its in a chair, go figure).

So was looking into earclip headphones like the EW9 and some IEMs.

I tend to move a bit in my sleep, Like shift from laying on my side to my back etc. Well its obvious i cant wear my ES7s or SR225s as i lay on my side so i wanted to make my first post in the portable section with this post.

What are good IEMS/Headphones, that i can listen to and actually fall asleep with on without earpains etc.

Main point BOLDED ^

Feb 26, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #9 of 23
Same goes for the SE530, and basically all IEM's except the ER4P.
Straight out of an iPod or whatever they sound fine, they just improve with the use of an amp.

Feb 26, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #11 of 23
was also thinking that as well but i see the time before i fall asleep as a rare opportunity to really listen to some music, as the rest of my room mates should be asleep. but ill have to look into what my budget holds for me. So far, Q-jays, and the Klipsh sound good, unless i find some real good prices on IE8s. or if i really want a pair of sa6s

Feb 27, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #12 of 23
Monster Turbines are good for falling asleep. They are small, not over-the-ear, great sound, well-built. All my other OTE IEMs are uncomfortable if I fall asleep with them in.

Feb 27, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #13 of 23
This is the main reason I decided to try something other than my Triple.fi 10 Pros that I used to have, because although the sound was quite satisfactory for me, I could never lay down with them in, and I also could not maintain proper seal with them when exercising, due to the absurd design. I was happy to discover that I prefer the sound of the Westone 3s and they sit flush so I can lay with them in and there's no harm, no foul!

-Ed

Feb 27, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #14 of 23
I will recommend the Klipsch Image X10 also. They are just so small and comfortable, and they do not stick out at all. They do have a very nice warm, non fatiguing sound to them that is very easy to fall asleep to.

Feb 27, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #15 of 23
u 'sleep' with your IEM's ?

no wonder..there are people who sleep with their R10

jk
biggrin.gif
. ..
on a more serious note..i tried to listen to music while lying on bed..not sleep.....with my IE7...and they were very comfortable..i could keep one side of my head on the pillow..and no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back