Healing
Apr 9, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #31 of 41
Nope, its fine.  No static, no pops, considering its the first gen Fiio 10 with the wiggly input jack, I hear nor see problems even when wiggling the headphone adapter plugged into it.  Considering the sadistically loud pop emitted, the E10 should be toast as well, but I opened it up and its pristine.  All the parts look as clean as the day I got it, no dark spots or anything like that.  

Apr 9, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #32 of 41
Wishing you and those close to you all the best. And that it be temporary, giving you a second life in both audio and real life.

Sincerely, 

Silent One

Apr 11, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #33 of 41

Quote:
Signs of improvement started yesterday and a little more today. I'm happy, but its still pretty bad.  All of the doctors made it seem like I'd be partially def forever or at least for many years.  Time will tell.

I really hope you get your hearing back. I can't imagine how painful it has been for you.

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #36 of 41
Sorry to hear about your loss, I hope your healing continues to get better! And I'm sure as you know, the human body is better at repairing itself than doctors like to admit, optimism is a powerful when it's sincere!

Wish you well!

Apr 12, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #37 of 41
Glad to see you healing. Not to be egotistical in anyway, but as I stated before, there are limits on how loud a headphone driver can emit. No matter how much watt you pump into the driver, it will still produce around 120-130 dB. The drivers may short circuit and burn, but it cannot produce more volume than it's physical limit. A short exposure to 120-130 dB won't cause you a permanent hearing damage but it may cause temporary hearing problems which I hypothesize that the doctors may have assumed that it was permanent. Anyways, I hope you the best and I would suggest you to buy a surge protector when your listening/testing to audio equipment next time.

Apr 12, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #38 of 41

Quote:
Glad to see you healing. Not to be egotistical in anyway, but as I stated before, there are limits on how loud a headphone driver can emit. No matter how much watt you pump into the driver, it will still produce around 120-130 dB. The drivers may short circuit and burn, but it cannot produce more volume than it's physical limit. A short exposure to 120-130 dB won't cause you a permanent hearing damage but it may cause temporary hearing problems which I hypothesize that the doctors may have assumed that it was permanent. Anyways, I hope you the best and I would suggest you to buy a surge protector when your listening/testing to audio equipment next time.

You'e be absolutely correct in that assumption, I am extremely thankful its not a permanent injury.   But, its already been confirmed it was a quality control issue, not a surge, something to do with the source or dac or anything like that.  It was the headphones.  Also, my gosh thanks for all the support everyone.  Means a ton to me! 

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #40 of 41
Glad to see that you're getting back to normal. Do talk with your lawyer, you may still have a small yet permanent amount of hearing loss. Better to be safe.

BTW, you didn't sell the HE-300s because you felt you needed to, did you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back