Headworn Microphone Suggestions
Jan 27, 2008 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mrflip69

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, looking for a good headworn microphone.

Hoping for just the mic itself as I want to use it with IEMs. I'm trying to emulate the Plantronics Audio 480 set here:

Plantronics )) Computer )) Computer )) .Audio 480 Headset

I'd skip the hassle and just get the Plantronics, but the reviews for the audio quality on it are discerning.

I'm basically looking for a standalone wired headworn mic. Something along the lines of these units, but with a 3.5mm jack for the computer, and preferrably the headset goes on both ears for better stability:

Buy Audio-Technica AT892C MicroSet Condenser Headworn Microphone online

AKG C 555 L Headworn Microphone - Free Shipping, Lowest Prices on Wireless at Music123

Hopefully you've got some ideas that are lower in price though... LOL!

Willing to consider alternatives like this Zalman clip on:
eXtremeReviews.net :: Microphone

Only thing is, like I said, I'd be using IEMs... so clipping a mic onto those might be too much. I sort of do this already with a cheap-o lavalier and some closed cans, but it's a bit of a pain as the pickup isn't as good and I have to boost the sensitivity and talk into my chest--hehehe

*trying to stay away from gaming headsets, as my last 2... the mic just crapped out on me 1 day*

Jan 27, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #2 of 4
Jan 27, 2008 at 7:31 AM Post #4 of 4
I actually had something like those logitechs (labtec) around my neck. Worked well, but a little sensitive on movement... and then the mic just crapped out one day.

Thanks for the link to the Nady and Azden!

The Nady looks sketchy though with the reviews, and I'd rather not fuss with an XLR adapter... but the Azden looks perfect!
smily_headphones1.gif

Any other suggestions?

*should've added, not looking for a preamp/phantom power, so something like the Azden really...*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back