HeadWize CES 2003 report is ready!
Jan 28, 2003 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

cmoy

Chief HeadWizer
The HeadWize CES 2003 Report is ready! It has hundreds of photos of exhibits and products, more than any other CES report I've seen so far. The focus is on headphone and portable audio from well-known and lesser-known companies. All of the images have been converted to JPG and compressed by 75%. With a 50K modem connection, some of the exhibit pages can still take up to up to 4 minutes to load.

Jan 29, 2003 at 2:50 AM Post #3 of 17
Thanks, I'm heading right over there!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2003 at 3:22 PM Post #4 of 17
Even though the focus of Chu's tour (which is excellent by the way) is on portables, I thought the thread would be better served in the Member's Lounge.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2003 at 10:36 PM Post #8 of 17
Cool! I didn't know shure released more earphones.

I did enjoy my E-1 back in the day. I thought it sounded decent.

Ety's did sound better than the e-1, but weren't half as comfortable. (shure uses these nice little yellow foam things, which isolate well, and are hardly noticable)

Surround sound to the orpheus???

ermmmmmmmmm... I think the orpheus is a little too good for surround sound
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 29, 2003 at 11:45 PM Post #9 of 17
wow, beautiful pictures cmoy! i'll have to spend some time reading through the whole report. maybe i'll be able to actually go next year...

thanks for compiling all that!

Jan 30, 2003 at 4:43 AM Post #10 of 17
Cool report! And I'm glad to hear Sennheiser's bringing back the Big O... While it could be just the usual show-rep-having-fun-with-poor-attendee, this is the second time I've heard something along those lines...

(also, I suspect the Baby O is not as bad as it's been made out to be; you just have to let it 'warm up' (actually, charge the headphones) for a while according to AndreYew.)

Jan 30, 2003 at 4:57 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

(also, I suspect the Baby O is not as bad as it's been made out to be; you just have to let it 'warm up' (actually, charge the headphones) for a while according to AndreYew.)

I remember they sounding very fast and detailed, but but a bit dry and lacking a lot in the bass dept. Maybe they can give it a new amp? Cause it sure as heck looks cool, and it's super duper comfy to wear.

9111CMSEN-IMG-he60-hev70-A2.jpg

Jan 30, 2003 at 5:06 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
I remember they sounding very fast and detailed, but but a bit dry and lacking a lot in the bass dept. Maybe they can give it a new amp? Cause it sure as heck looks cool, and it's super duper comfy to wear.

9111CMSEN-IMG-he60-hev70-A2.jpg

Or they can buy Gilmore's design.
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2003 at 5:15 AM Post #14 of 17
Did anyone see that Ergo AMT, from Tri-Cell? It looks like a departure from both the dynamic and electrostatic designs we usually see. I read something about a Heil air motion transformer. Price seems to be somewhere between $800-$1,100 US, depending if you get the dedicated amp to drive directly from a source.

Looks interesting. Anyone heard these things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back