Headstage Lyrix Pro USB
Oct 23, 2007 at 12:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mapstec

100+ Head-Fier
I just found the below
http://www.headphonia.com/Amps/Heads...SB::10066.html
and having the itching fingers I have I found that they strayed to the "Order now" button....

Oh well, I am always on the lookout for nice affordable equipment and this certainly fits the bill.

Apparently it is not on stock yet, but I will update if/when I know more and of course post a review once that amp has arrived.

Anyone care to comment on the other offerings from Headstage?

Oct 23, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #2 of 8
Standing by for another Robert-bashing thread....

Oct 23, 2007 at 1:26 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by mapstec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have I missed something here?

Should I be worried?

I'm sorry for being cryptic, but that amp was previously know as a Headphonia, and there was conflict between Headphonia and Meier Audio about copying designs. Although I don't know what the outcome of that was, although plenty of people here know what side they are on. When the Headphonia amp was reviewed it was liked, and the amp you have found is probably very similar or identical. It is still one of the few amps to offer a DAC and crossfeed.

Oct 23, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #5 of 8
the one he's selling right now is not identical to the aforementioned copied amp anymore.

I have the pro version (w/o the dac) and its totally worth your money. take my word for it, i say it's the best $xxx I've ever spent (not saying it's the best amp I heard tho). I suggest you just go on ebay and try to bid on one of this amps to save money. the USB/switches options will be presented to you on the checkout for an additional amount.

Oct 23, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by only500made /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the one he's selling right now is not identical to the aforementioned copied amp anymore.

Do you know what the differences are?

Oct 23, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #8 of 8
Ok, so I will wait and see....

I have already purchased via the webpage, but I can still return it if it does not suit....

I am sorry about the backstory since I had dealings with Meier Audio and that went very well indeed.

What made this amp so interesting for me was and is the sum of the features USB DAC and crossfeed in the amp, so you can actually feed this from everywhere.

Crossfeed is very important for me since without I really can not listen for any amount of time.

Of course most of the Windows media players have plugins, but on the Linux side it does not look that good + with this I can simply hook up any CD-Player directly....

Oh well, I will wait and see, and of course keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back