Headstage Arrow more informations?
Dec 17, 2008 at 12:36 PM Post #16 of 30
From the website:

• Separated Gain & Output Stages with Low Noise
• Analog AD8397 Opamp in Output Stage
• Linear LT6234 Opamp in Gain Stage
• Constant 9V Stepped-Up Power Supply
• Two Analog Inputs on Top and Bottom Side
• Three Selectable Gain Settings (Low, Med, High)
• Two-Step Bass Boost (Off, Low, High)
• Two-Step Ohmann Crossfeed (Off, Low, High)
• High-Capacity 1200mAh/4.2V Lithium-Ion Battery
• Symmetric & Short Signal Paths with Low Noise
• Illuminated Power Switch
• Low-Battery LED Blink Indication
• 2-Layer Circuit Board with all SMD Parts
• Milled & Anodized Aluminium Enclosure with Fine Sandblasted Finish

Only a 15 hour battery life. Im not sure people will take to kindly to that.

I can't afford a portable amp right now, but would be interesting to see people thoughts if anyone gets one.

Dec 17, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #17 of 30
what's really awesome is that if you already have an amp of his, you can upgrade it by paying the price difference between the 2... that means, i just need to pay him another 67€ and send my old one back and i've got the arrow...

Jan 5, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #19 of 30
This is the email I got from Robert when I asked about the USB charging and included accessories:

---------

Hi Andrew,

yes, the Arrow can only be charged from a computer USB port or a wall-adapter that includes an USB port (there are many of these adapters available to charge an iPod without a computer).

There are no accessories included (the battery is already built-in) --except a strip to attach the amp to a player (iPod). The needed USB cable is a standard mini-USB cable that is used with most cameras etc.

Best regards
Robert

Jan 5, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only a 15 hour battery life. Im not sure people will take to kindly to that.

Where did you get the information about the battery life? All I found on the website was that "it incorporates a lithium-ion battery that has more then double as much capacity as rechargeable 9V batteries".

Feb 6, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauntell47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what's really awesome is that if you already have an amp of his, you can upgrade it by paying the price difference between the 2... that means, i just need to pay him another 67€ and send my old one back and i've got the arrow...

Upgrade? you just thinking outloud? How can I do this?

I have the Lyrix. Really great amp; its running my Triple-fis; lol, and it runs my JVC DX-1000 till I get it a suitable rig; and they sound really nice! (though I don't know how they sound with a desktop amp).

Also, I love the Lithium battery idea. My nickel- 9volts [250mAh] don't last too long; having to lower the volume gradually through the day. (I need sound when I study). xD

Feb 7, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #22 of 30
I have to say that Robert is pretty cool to deal with. I sent him the Amp that was prior to the Lyrix that did not have USB and sent the money to upgrade to the new Arrow-71.00). I then bought the Hornet from this site and told Robert that I would like a refund and the amp back. He stated he could not send it as he was on vacation but did refund my money the same day and sent me a new Lyrix from Germany with no cost. He then stated that if I decided later to trade it in the deal would still be good. Can't beat that. I have to say the amp I had from him is pretty good because the Hornet sounds a little better but not by much. Good guy to deal with for sure.

Feb 26, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #23 of 30
Will the Arrow still considered a Cmoy variant?

Feb 27, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #25 of 30
Oops incomplete sentence by me. I mean like its Lyrix and Penguin amps predecessors.

Feb 27, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #26 of 30
No onboard DAC? What about this statement on the website:

"The amp can be upgraded by different USB DAC boards to use it with a computer. The USB DAC boards are purchased seperately and must be inserted like sound cards in a computer."

Feb 27, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiofool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No onboard DAC? What about this statement on the website:

"The amp can be upgraded by different USB DAC boards to use it with a computer. The USB DAC boards are purchased seperately and must be inserted like sound cards in a computer."

Just received the reply from Headphonia that you can still add a DAC daughter card to this amp. AMP/DAC is $278US!

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #28 of 30
I like the looks and modularity of this amp. New version due in April. I´ll be on the lookout for this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back