Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Dec 27, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #2,446 of 4,123
Quote:

And just another reminder ... the 3G bass boost is significantly different than the 4G's ... both are equally good in realization but one might be better with certain IEMs than the other.

Sort of a moot point as one, most folks are buying the 4G and two, I've heard distant rumblings (from on high) that the 5G might find some way to combine the two as options (the punchier bass of the 3G as *well* as the smoother bass of the 4G...and as possibly switch based selections. But you didn't hear that from me ...

wink_face.gif

yep 3g and 4g bass boost are different, but i dont think anyone uses 3g's bass switch II as it is very distorted. bass II of 4g is the bass I of 3g IIRC

Dec 28, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #2,448 of 4,123
i also received these 2 small jack cables - do we know what their use is for ?

anyone ?

Quote:
It seems after 61days, the "mass-mailing" reached the target:)
My upgraded Arrow just arrived with the USB DAC Cable by DHL Express:)
Also with 2 small jack cable (maybe gift?).

Dec 28, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #2,451 of 4,123
Quote:
i also received these 2 small jack cables - do we know what their use is for ?

anyone ?

I've been looking for minis like that for AGES! Can you please email them one more time to ask where we can get hold of those kinds of mini to mini's?! Pretty please! :)

Jan 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #2,452 of 4,123
one more time

what is the purpose of these minis  ?

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #2,455 of 4,123
It is a one-man-show depending on Asian suppliers. He is a honest man, but don't expect the consistency of service quality from a large distributer. Holidays, sick leave, supply bottlenecks after hyped reviews or forum threads happen. I was early adopter of Lyrix, Arrow 1G and upgrader to 3G. Living in Germany I felt safer with him than with Chinese or US sellers, with costly postage cost in case of warranty issues or customs hassle. I ordered the original package with USB DAC stick which he never delivered, but after a reminder was reimbursed without delay. In the meantime I got used HRT Headstreamer instead.

Increasing impedance tends to dampen treble (and effective gain), the treble boost does the opposite.

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #2,457 of 4,123
I ordered my Headstage Arrow 4G on 1/6 and here is what my order status says:

1/7 - Pending
1/7 - Order Processing
1/7 - Arrow 4G

Anyone have some past experience with how long it usually takes to actually ship and then how long to get it in the US. Chinese new year may delay it and patience is not one of my traits.

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #2,460 of 4,123
Quote:
I ordered my Headstage Arrow 4G on 1/6 and here is what my order status says:

1/7 - Pending
1/7 - Order Processing
1/7 - Arrow 4G

Anyone have some past experience with how long it usually takes to actually ship and then how long to get it in the US. Chinese new year may delay it and patience is not one of my traits.

Mine's the same but 1/10. I was hoping that meant it had shipped. Wish I'd just gone with the ibasso.
I notice the price has gone up to $299, so someone is doing something over there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back