Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Sep 30, 2011 at 8:05 AM Post #2,224 of 4,123
I ordered the usb dac cable on 03.09.2011 , and it arrived 3 days ago
but my arrow is still in order processing I ordered it on 07.04.2011 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sep 30, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #2,225 of 4,123
Plug the DAC cable into another amp if you have one...... I use it sometimes with my uHA-120, to great effect.

Hope you get the Arrow soon though.

Sep 30, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #2,226 of 4,123
my arrow had actually been not working anymore. One day, it just didn't charge. If I plug the charger, the unit just heats up. I don't know when i'll be getting a replacement, it's quite hard to get a reply from rob ert

Sent from airwax' tab

Oct 4, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #2,227 of 4,123
I have the same or similar problem.  My unit won't stay charged.  The light sequence will indicate that the unit charges and then if I use the amp the unit will work for an hour or less.

If I wait in between the charging of the unit and use later,  the charge lasts less time.  I fully charged the amp yesterday and then it played for less than 5 minutes this morning.

I just recently replaced the battery on this fairly new amp in case this is the problem, but no luck.

I have emailed Robert before and received a reply (for the first amp I had that had a different problem with).  I have received no replies for the last two emails directly asking him for his help with this problem with no reply.

Basically I have a non-functioning unit and have asked the manufacturer for help and or advice with no reply. 

Oct 4, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #2,228 of 4,123
Ordered in July as well and will no replies to email.. ordering a TTVJ instead.

Oct 8, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #2,231 of 4,123

Quote:
The Voyager is huge like a fridge, hisses with sensitive phones, and has some weird opamp oscillations with some IEMs. Personally, I would take the FiiO E6 over the Voyager any time... and the Arrow too.

3g - you're talking about this version?
What is your impression of a pico SLIME?

Thanks!!

Oct 9, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #2,232 of 4,123

Quote:
The Voyager is huge like a fridge, hisses with sensitive phones, and has some weird opamp oscillations with some IEMs. Personally, I would take the FiiO E6 over the Voyager any time... and the Arrow too.

It surprises me, that you would take the FiiO E6 over the Arrow any time. Could you please explain your evaluation in a few words?
Thank you!

Oct 9, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #2,233 of 4,123
Heh, sorry, that was badly worded - I meant I would take the Arrow and/or FiiO over the Voyager any time. :)

Of course the Arrow is a better amp than the FiiO, more powerful and more versatile. I just wanted to make a point that the $20 FiiO is actually a better device than the pricy Voyager.

Oct 9, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #2,235 of 4,123
Sorry if someone already asked for this comparison, but can someone compare the TTVJ to the arrow in terms of sound signature?

Also, how would you characterize the arrow itself? (Warm, bright, sterile, etc.....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back